• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat thread 1331: Just talkin’ chickens. This is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Texas food is good, Texas traffic and trying to find a home are bad. Deep Ellum in Dallas is a hip area with a lot of cool restaurants and bars. As for the Dallas suburbs, can’t really tell them apart at all. The same homes in similar looking subdivisions off of similar looking expressways. Lot of Buffalo Wild Wings.

all of this is 100% true. M Streets was a pretty good area when I looked at moving there, but in a shit school district. I suspect Deep Ellum has the same issue - unless it's in Highland Park, and then it's too expensive.

The burbs all sucked.

I'm not too worried about my house. A really big part of the tree split and fell on my neighbor's car during a storm a couple years ago (he was parked on the street right under it) and it was so fucking light and brittle that it scratched up the car but didn't dent it at all.

But yeah I'm in the process of talking my wife into letting me take the whole thing down.

There are multiple better choices if you want a street side blooming tree. These other species don't have the quality of falling apart in moderate wind.

all of this is 100% true. M Streets was a pretty good area when I looked at moving there, but in a shit school district. I suspect Deep Ellum has the same issue - unless it's in Highland Park, and then it's too expensive.

The burbs all sucked.

Highland Park is nuts, went to lunch in that area on Friday and I was blown away by the cars and homes (Southlake too, Carrol Dragons Stadium was pretty impressive). We are kind of set on the burbs though. After a year in lockdown we have decided having a yard is a non negotiable. What blows my mind is that all the new builds are the exact same style of home all over the DFW, like doesn't matter which town you go to. The wife is happy though, because she found a house she liked near where she grew up.

Here was our meal from the Pecan Lodge

I would rather live in most any American setting than the suburbs of Dallas

I remember visiting my cousins in Plano in like 1998 and thinking it was bleak, and that's even with them having a pool

This is state #12 for me (along with 2 other countries), I think I have gained the perspective that it is all temporary and every place has their pluses and minuses. But ya Barca, if I could swing Asheville, I absolutely would.

You've got the never ending suburbs of Dallas or the never ending overpasses of Houston. It is hard to decide on which is worse. The real answer is, both cities suck.

are you officially in the US now or heading back to Portugal?

Looking for houses and onboarding for the next month, then back in Europe to help pack up the place and hopefully get one last trip in, and then officially back in the US.

I noticed that all the burbs around Austin look the same too. New developments all have the same architectural style & I got so sick of seeing light colored and/or stone on houses.

I used to say my dream job was just coming up with names of subdivisions and their streets. Whispering Leaf Ridge. Cascading Falls Court. Bridgestone Estates.

I used to say my dream job was just coming up with names of subdivisions and their streets. Whispering Leaf Ridge. Cascading Falls Court. Bridgestone Estates.
...Sudden Valley, Fuck Mountain

Juice and District should have a competition, one week, most number of posts with derogatory comments, complaining, or negativity wins.

This is state #12 for me (along with 2 other countries), I think I have gained the perspective that it is all temporary and every place has their pluses and minuses. But ya Barca, if I could swing Asheville, I absolutely would.

It's sucks for all of y'all that weren't born in the greatest place on the planet and you have to spend the rest of your lives searching for something that you'll never be able to attain.

What percentage of your posts are liquid hot fire? Because between you and Mako, my rep button is basically worthless.

speaking of which i ate about 17 wings last night and still haven't had my morning constitutional

concern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back