• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat thread 1331: Just talkin’ chickens. This is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody was masked up when I was there in June so that’s good.

I saw a huge increase in masked tourists over the summer last year. Very few were masked when I went to the Outer Banks in early June, but mostly everyone was masked in late July and August.

I like their 10-40 series.

They're talented at the business aspect of the industry, for sure.

Yeah those are good since collaborations. They occasionally have some interesting beers and I’m a big fan of the Foothills Meats food truck at their flagship Big Top brewery. But their standard offering is pretty meh. I wonder what kind of capital they have backing them in order to open all these new spots. I think they’re also opening a big distribution center and taproom in the River Arts District here. Are they even brewing at their satellite places or just here?

Got the Peacock due to Yellowstone, but holy shit they got like every Wrestlemania on there too?

Not gonna lie I watched the whole goddamned thing, no regrets. Amazing

Here's a video from the channel I posted about earlier, it's the Gerudo Theme Big-band style

Several years ago in cville I sweat with my brother to a touring LoZ orchestra. Great stuff. I was pumped when an encore was Dragon Roost Island from Wind Waker

Yeah those are good since collaborations. They occasionally have some interesting beers and I’m a big fan of the Foothills Meats food truck at their flagship Big Top brewery. But their standard offering is pretty meh. I wonder what kind of capital they have backing them in order to open all these new spots. I think they’re also opening a big distribution center and taproom in the River Arts District here. Are they even brewing at their satellite places or just here?

I believe the Asheville Brewery that's not DT is their central brewery. The NC craft beer laws basically lets all the craft breweries build their own bars wherever they want in the state so I doubt they do any three tier brewing anywhere but Big Top. I also like Hi-Pitch! One of the co-founders went to Washington University in St. Louis and the other is a pretty smart cookie as well. They're just smart businessmen.

Unrelated but in regards to Green Man, I've never gotten to try Snozzberries and I wish that they expanded distro for that and their other specials to other states. ESB is underrated though.

I'm weird though, I'm on a MGD kick lately.

Got the Peacock due to Yellowstone, but holy shit they got like every Wrestlemania on there too?

My son loves WWE and I’ll come in sometimes and he’ll be watching Royal Rumble from 1994 or some shit and it just makes me smile.

Several years ago in cville I sweat with my brother to a touring LoZ orchestra. Great stuff. I was pumped when an encore was Dragon Roost Island from Wind Waker
This makes me insanely jealous. I think once the pandemic is behind us I'm going to start trying to go to more concerts. The Charlotte Symphony is doing something where they're doing small performances at breweries like NoDa. There's one in Concord in a week that we plan to go to.

getting a lil strong and going to the orchestra underrated activity imo

Finished today’s crossword and I have no idea what the theme was and what tied those italicized clues together.

You guys were right about Master and Commander. Holy shit.

My son loves WWE and I’ll come in sometimes and he’ll be watching Royal Rumble from 1994 or some shit and it just makes me smile.

Young Rock on NBC is a must watch for old school wrestling fans. It follows The Rock in 1982 as a little kid growing up around his dad, Andre the Giant, Junkyard Dog, Iron Shiek, Rowdy Roddy Piper, etc before they made it big. It also follows him in high school in 1987 and his freshman year at The U in 1990.

My 17 yo grandnephew and a friend may have changed the world a little bit for the better. Somehow, they found out that kids on the autism spectrum fear some playground equipment and don't play with other kids because of it. They went to the city to find out how this could be fixed. They were told to come up with a plan for one playground/park and present it to city council.

It took them a couple of months to be included in the agenda. After his presentation, the city allocated $12,000 to buy and install equipment that has been shown to be used by autistic kids. It should be installed later this year.

If it works, cities and towns across the country could do the same and allow these kids to be included with their classmates and families.

Of course, when we spoke a couple of weeks ago and I asked him what was new, being a teenager, he said nothing was new,

I popped into a bar last night to get takeout and it was absolutely slammed, like wall-to-wall, and I was literally the only person wearing a mask. (Employees had masks on but not covering their mouths).

I'm not terribly surprised because I think places have been like that here throughout the pandemic, but it was shocking to see. I don't suppose I'll feel too badly eating and drinking out once I'm vaccinated bc these people haven't seemed to give a fuck even when they were most at risk.

Nothing new here, just chat stuff

Half of those people have already had it by now and the other half are probably vaccinated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back