• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat thread 1331: Just talkin’ chickens. This is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure. NBC saw its success on Netflix and basically built a whole streaming platform based on it. Has it proven successful? Have the millennials with their skateboards and rock music flocked over to binge it and stayed for other quality NBC Universal content?

I signed up for it last week to watch Kevin Costner be a badass.

uh oh cancel culture caught up with Michel Foucault

all the tweets from right-wing smarties saying Foucault is a "beacon of" or "central to" "Woke ideology" are hilarious

When I was a junior staffer I was working over the weekend when my client invited me to like a party at his house and it was straight up a Scientology recruitment meeting where there were just all this hot crazy chicks as part of the recruitment team. It was frickin' wild and the main dude sure was charismatic, but I avoided falling into that trap. My client ended up getting busted for embezzling a few years later.

Man, that's 100% the way to market.

It's always the most messed up post that you can correct.

Given Biff and the other Biff neighborhood clones if anything about the loud train could be done don’t you think it would have been done by now.

It wakes me up once every couple of years and it's not by mistake that I don't live next to the train tracks. But would you please stop for a second and THINK ABOUT THE BABIES ?

I had a hotel room next to the interstate one time about 10 years ago and I was astounded that people can live anywhere close to something like that. Thank you God for the privilege.

I had a hotel room next to the interstate one time about 10 years ago and I was astounded that people can live anywhere close to something like that. Thank you God for the privilege.

there are these apartments next to 85 southbound in Atlanta just past where 400 merges that are so close to the interstate. it seems like you could sit on the porch and practically touch the overpass.

Maybe you're not familiar with 1990's pharm reps.

Digging deeper. I used to baby sit for a late 30's hospital recruitment rep. Unreal MILF. Southern Italian heritage or something, giant cans/perfect skin. Her job description was straight up to be the closer for physician recruitment for the largest hospital in the area. The first half the day was doctor checks out the facility. Then her job was to wine, dine, and show the doc around the city (BONER CITY).

She'd come back between 2 and 3 am, trashed, disheveled, and horny as shit. 15 year old Knight felt things.

there are these apartments next to 85 southbound in Atlanta just past where 400 merges that are so close to the interstate. it seems like you could sit on the porch and practically touch the overpass.

The apartment building I lived in before moving back to NC was directly next to I-93. This place must have been built like a fortress because you couldn’t hear a damn thing inside. Of course, I lived on the 17th floor so I’m assuming that was beneficial.

When I was a junior staffer I was working over the weekend when my client invited me to like a party at his house and it was straight up a Scientology recruitment meeting where there were just all this hot crazy chicks as part of the recruitment team. It was frickin' wild and the main dude sure was charismatic, but I avoided falling into that trap. My client ended up getting busted for embezzling a few years later.

Damn, I would have 100% ended up a scientologist.

My biggest pre-settling down regret was never living in a city or country with a competent public transit system. I fucking love trains. Soooooo much better than cars.

Yuge difference between freight trains and public transport trains.

The shitty little modular home I lived in in Asheville was like 25 yards from freight rails. Holy shit it sounded like a dame hurricane in the house, things would literally fall off the walls and shelves twice a day.

Shit fucking peaked in the 90s. Gen X fucked.

Gen X is easily the best generation ever. No Boomer stigma, no Milly stigma. All upside, because had a bitchen childhood in the 70s and got the full benefit of the 90s while the plebs had to tough it all out. I say all this as a millennial.

Gen X is easily the best generation ever. No Boomer stigma, no Milly stigma. All upside, because had a bitchen childhood in the 70s and got the full benefit of the 90s while the plebs had to tough it all out. I say all this as a millennial.

yes but the highest form of Gen X humor was sarcasm

absolutely nothing funnier to Gen X than just level 1 sarcasm eye roll oh brother

whereas millennials got to add in irony and subtext and nihilism to the self-hatred

what is Milly stigma

are you talking about all those Boomer and Gen X thought-pieces that just blame millennials for everything

i thought we realized those were cliché by now

are you talking about all those Boomer and Gen X thought-pieces that just blame millennials for everything

i thought we realized those were cliché by now

You wish you could just make it go away by eating more avocado toast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back