Thread: Denuclearization of Kazakhstan

Denuclearization of Kazakhstan

This is an important story that more people need to know. https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...rogram/618424/

The theoretical alternatives if we had not worked with Russia and Kazakhstan to clean up their nukes in the 90s are truly horrifying. That much loose plutonium a day's drive from Afghanistan or Iran... A major success story that needs to be known to more Americans. Probably less than 5% of the country knows anything about this, and it may have done more to keep us safe over the past 30 years than all the aircraft carriers and F-35s.

Banhammer'd
    good job...

Quote Originally Posted by bym051d View Post
    Very nice.
    I got this.

Quote Originally Posted by mako1331 View Post
    I got this.
    Their country has a problem. Its... transport.

Quote Originally Posted by Deacon923 View Post
    This is an important story that more people need to know. https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...rogram/618424/

The theoretical alternatives if we had not worked with Russia and Kazakhstan to clean up their nukes in the 90s are truly horrifying. That much loose plutonium a day's drive from Afghanistan or Iran... A major success story that needs to be known to more Americans. Probably less than 5% of the country knows anything about this, and it may have done more to keep us safe over the past 30 years than all the aircraft carriers and F-35s.
    This was one of several programs that had to be done very quietly for many reasons. Getting plutonium and high enriched (weapons grade) uranium into much safer circumstances was a monumental task. The government of Kazakhstan should be applauded for working with the US, a long time adversary. And also lauded for giving up what some there regarded as a major asset.

Some there wanted to auction the bomb materials to the highest bidders, without vetting who they were or what they intended to do with the materials.

Dickie Hemric
    one of my neighbors was involved in that

Quote Originally Posted by sailordeac View Post
    Were they a eunuch?
    Birds are real.

Quote Originally Posted by mako1331 View Post
    I got this.
    You will never get this.

Quote Originally Posted by sailordeac View Post
    The sale without the vetting? 3%ers here come your righteous nukes of deep state annihilation.