Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Chaundee Brown

  1. #1

    Chaundee Brown

    Prior to Brown, who and when was the last Wake player or team to play in the final 8 or final 4? Player does not have to be a Wake player just have played at Wake sometime during their career.

    Brown looks like he made the right decision in transferring. If he returns to Michigan, it will be interesting to see his Pro future.

    Prediction: He has a One Shining Moment!

  2. #2
    Broderick Hicks
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Providence, RI
    Posts
    3,451
    My guess would be Jamie Skeen.

  3. #3
    Hard to believe it was 20 years ago, but Loren Woods started in the NC Game for Arizona in 2001. He was the game's leading scorer and rebounder, but the Cats lost to Dook 82-72.
    Last edited by Pilchard; 03-29-2021 at 12:34 PM.

  4. #4
    Makhtar N'Diaye went in 1997 and 1998.

  5. #5

  6. #6
    This Jamie Skeen disrespect will not stand

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by socaldeac View Post
    Prior to Brown, who and when was the last Wake player or team to play in the final 8 or final 4? Player does not have to be a Wake player just have played at Wake sometime during their career.

    Brown looks like he made the right decision in transferring. If he returns to Michigan, it will be interesting to see his Pro future.

    Prediction: He has a One Shining Moment!
    He played well yesterday, and seemed really happy. Good for him

  8. #8
    on a slightly related note:

    Bob Bender made the NC game with 2 different teams (IU '76 & Duke '78). Anyone else done that?

  9. #9
    Primary OGB Benefactor
    BiffTannen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Hill Valley
    Posts
    40,027
    Quote Originally Posted by devi8 View Post
    on a slightly related note:

    Bob Bender made the NC game with 2 different teams (IU '76 & Duke '78). Anyone else done that?
    Not Chaundee.

  10. #10
    Speaking of Chaundee he announced he's going pro and hiring an agent earlier this week. Sincerely hope he somehow makes it into the NBA.

  11. #11
    1995-96 Deacs led by Duncan, Rutland, Braswell, Goolsby, Peral & LaRue made it to the Elite 8

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by devi8 View Post
    on a slightly related note:

    Bob Bender made the NC game with 2 different teams (IU '76 & Duke '78). Anyone else done that?
    Not yet.

  13. #13
    Will Chaundee be a journeyman?
    semi-aquatic like otters be.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by TenaciousKory View Post
    Will Chaundee be a journeyman?
    In Europe. Pretty nice life.

  15. #15
    Man it seems like a whole generation of players new goal is to play in Europe. The NBA would be nice, but what I really want to do is bounce around Europe for 10 teams in 10 countries in 10 years.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by SC DEAC View Post
    Man it seems like a whole generation of players new goal is to play in Europe. The NBA would be nice, but what I really want to do is bounce around Europe for 10 teams in 10 countries in 10 years.
    It wouldn’t suck, that’s for sure. Come home in your early 30s having hopefully stocked some cash away.

  17. #17
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    119,793
    Makes sense that playing in Europe is more attractive in a global world where you can travel back home easily and FaceTime with your family. There’s even translator apps.

  18. #18

    Chaundee Brown

    Put it this way, there are not many guys anymore who chose to come back for an extra year in college to really work on their game and their weaknesses in order to try and improve and make it to the nba. They know Europe is a nice little second option and more often than not they are jumping at the second option instead of busting their ass as a senior or a 5th year senior in chaundee’s case for an nba showcase. Would chaundee make it the league if he kicked ass at Michigan next year? Probably not, but the chances of him going to Europe and then making the nba are much smaller. It’s not a bad decision, it just seems like guys give up on their nba dreams easier .

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •