• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What rounds will Boogie, Sage, & Newman get drafted?

Opting out proved to be a fatal mistake for both. Those working from home didn't quit their jobs and take unemployment. Newman and Sage had the opportunity to continue and chose not to. Simple as that, my work never missed a day of being in the office and not one person ever thought about not coming in.

Wasn't fatal, and I understand that both worked with trainers and coaches to get better in 2020 and 2021. It's not like each of them hid under the covers and ate cookies for the past year.

Obviously, the draft didn't work out as planned, but it appears that each did as well as they could've with their FA decisions. Let's see how the next couple of years play out before using the term fatal.

Yet it speaks to Clawson and Ruggeiro that we've maintained a pretty high scoring offense despite the untimely losses of talent. Of course, some of that is due to maintaining a tempo that may wear down the offense and defense over the course of a game.

Think it through. People had the opportunity to WFH and continue their jobs, football players didn't. But hey, you could have have toughened up and continued to go in.

I worked from home and made the decision not to go into the gym. I presume most of the athletes who opted out continued to work out, inside, in a gym with other people.

This is risky behavior during a pandemic. Is it riskier than working out, inside, in a gym with teammates who are tested somewhat regularly?

When are you donks going to get tired of whining about sage and Jamie sitting out? Draft’s over and it’s not like they’re in dramatically worse shape than if they were drafted in the 5th round. Move on, I’m sure they have.

Opting out proved to be a fatal mistake for both. Those working from home didn't quit their jobs and take unemployment. Newman and Sage had the opportunity to continue and chose not to. Simple as that, my work never missed a day of being in the office and not one person ever thought about not coming in.

Thank you for your service

There's a difference between working out in a gym in space (possibly with masks on) versus lining up on a field against large groups of people.

I would've opted out of my job if given the option. If I didn't grind through the pandemic everyday then I would have lost my job. I stayed on the road and met with hundreds of businesses over the past 18 months.

Had I chose to opt out then I'd be a statistic, sitting on my couch collecting a paycheck from the government and probably would be a lot happier right now, ha. So I can't fault anyone for their decisions.

That said, please thank me for my service.

I would've opted out of my job if given the option. If I didn't grind through the pandemic everyday then I would have lost my job. I stayed on the road and met with hundreds of businesses over the past 18 months.

Had I chose to opt out then I'd be a statistic, sitting on my couch collecting a paycheck from the government and probably would be a lot happier right now, ha. So I can't fault anyone for their decisions.

That said, please thank me for my service.

Were you wearing a mask in airports and meeting with customers or were you tackling each other and breathing on one another?

If your job paid nothing would you have kept coming in?

If your job paid nothing would you have kept coming in?

If my job paid nothing I wouldn't work there. Now if it was an unpaid internship, that could potentially lead to millions of dollars in one year? Yeah, I'm coming in everyday.

That second sentence.

If my job paid nothing I wouldn't work there. Now if it was an unpaid internship, that could potentially lead to millions of dollars in one year? Yeah, I'm coming in everyday.

This 100%.

I've been able to work from home some and it has been great. It also doesn't having any bearing on my present or future compensation. I'm not a football player. There's 0% chance I would have sat out if I were in their position unless I felt like playing would expose fatal flaws in my game and hurt my draft position.

I know, I said I was done talking about Jamie Newman until training camp but now he might not even make it to training camp.

Khalil Tate was a hot QB prospect for a time as well. Looks like he didn't even get to have a cup of coffee as an NFL QB.

I'm here for more Biff/Newman takes. I hate it for Jamie, but I also hated his decision to leave our program, and hated his decision not to play once he did.

I'm sorry to hear that for Newman and wish him the best of luck. The Eagles only currently have two QBs so Newman was really competing against himself for the QB3 role. It makes you wonder if Roseman has plans to add someone else as QB3.

Back