• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What rounds will Boogie, Sage, & Newman get drafted?

He got Horrible advice AND he listened to it and acted on it. He's a grown man and he made multiple immature decisions.

I still say he knew he was on his way out before the bowl game vs MSU. I wish he would've saved everyone's time and opted out of the bowl game which is what he essentially did anyways.

I think that is one of the reason's he played so bad. Wonder if Clawson knew beforehand if that was the plan. You have to think he didn't or Newman wouldn't have taken a snap in the Pinstripe. Either way, Newman was really bad, and really collapsed after the Suratt injury/the VT game. The Clemson and Syracuse (before his injury) games should have set alarms off everywhere. Hartman should have been the starter for the Pinstripe on performance alone.

If Clawson changed QBs based on bowl performance, it doesn't bode well for Hartman.

If Clawson changed QBs based on bowl performance, it doesn't bode well for Hartman.

Well what other option does he have? I was pretty high on the limited action Kern saw, until that Wisconsin game.

Dave Clawson has used a developmental approach to improve Wake Forest football. It's foundation is based on the principle that his players must develop over four or five years of training to attain their maximum performance. This will allow them to overcome the obstacles that limit their abilities coming out of high school. They develop into winners. The lack of success of the players who have left early is, in part, due to the fact they are not fully developed. One or two years of development and success is seldom as beneficial as four or five years.

Another part in the failure of players who have left early was best expressed by Boogie Basham. Football players play football. The more you play, the better you can get. Repetitive years of regional and national acclaim and recognition is stronger than one.

It's not rocket science.

I don't know if football players understand how disposable they are. All but the top top talents are easily replaceable. One thing goes the wrong way and you're done with football for good. A few dozen Americans can play in the CFL. Developmental leagues come and go. Arena League football barely exists. There are a ton of football players trying to go pro every year to fill relatively few spots.

true. Bryant Crawford or Doral moore makes a stupid decision and go undrafted they still have a path to be a professional who earns a good living although it is probably overseas with a fleeting chance at the NBA in a few years. A football player makes a stupid decision and it's over. Its over and they are 21 years old. That's tough.

Newman and his agent knew they had a winning hand when they decided to transfer to UGA but they were wrong.

Newman and his agent knew they had a winning hand when they decided to transfer to UGA but they were wrong.

Newman to UGA should have been a slam dunk. It now sounds like Jamie had some family struggles with COVID, which played into his decision to opt-out, but from everything I read, he was struggling in practice and his winning the starting job wasn't a sure thing even if he stayed.

Good point. But, Clawson had 4 games of below avg play before the Pinstripe to justify going to Hartman.

Jamie will have other opportunities, but probably not in the NFL for awhile. The USFL will return next Spring the CFL may return this Summer, and the XFL may return. Wofford was able to use his success in a Spring League for a 2nd chance at the NFL, and now it looks like Wofford may carve out a nice stint as an NFL 2nd stringer. Newman has size, he can run and a strong arm; it definitely has been awful 12 months for Jamie, but if he still wants to pursue a football dream, the door isn't locked yet.

You’ve got to believe that whatever Jamie’s been doing the past twelve months, it made him worse at playing quarterback instead of better.

Newman to UGA should have been a slam dunk. It now sounds like Jamie had some family struggles with COVID, which played into his decision to opt-out, but from everything I read, he was struggling in practice and his winning the starting job wasn't a sure thing even if he stayed.

He made a calculated decision that sitting out for a year would cost him less than losing the starting position. He ducked the competition. Pretty much same as being worried he might get replaced by Hartmann.

Wasn't there a poster several years ago who was a scout or exec for the Chargers? I remember meeting him at the ACCCG or OB or somewhere around that time.

Back