• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What rounds will Boogie, Sage, & Newman get drafted?

According to Wiki, Dortch's career thus far

April 2019- October 16 2019- Jets
October 2019- December 6 2019- Panthers (played in 2 games)
December 12 2019- July 25 2020- Rams
December 28 2020- June 17 2021- Falcons
August 3 2021- Cardinals

These dates included practice squad time. Hoping he signed up for Marriott point with all these short stays.

The Panthers stuff was so heartbreaking, especially since it happened with my favorite team. Didn't the same fate befall Kenny Moore where he muffed a punt or two with the Panthers?

The Panthers stuff was so heartbreaking, especially since it happened with my favorite team. Didn't the same fate befall Kenny Moore where he muffed a punt or two with the Panthers?

Yeah, I think he was leading the team in receiving and yards all preseason. Fumbled a few times and that was it.

I'm still amazed at the lack of Jaime Newman news. I guess I just don't want to admit he isn't a fit for ANYONE in the NFL.

I was never super high on Sage as an NFL WR, but defs thought he'd be doing better than this

Looks like Sage, Hinton, and Bachman each got one target. Scotty Washington got nothing and Dortch had two very good catches that I posted about on the NFL thread.

The legend of Ruggeiro grows. We thought he was working with all these NFL WRs and had an NFL QB. Well he did have one just not who we thought it was.

Wolford is out for the preseason after his appendectomy, but he's got the #2 spot behind Stafford locked up. I've got Chargers-Rams on and Wolford's former teammate Aqib Talib is in the booth raving about Wolford's leadership and business-like attitude. This is an amazing story.

Looks like Sage, Hinton, and Bachman each got one target. Scotty Washington got nothing and Dortch had two very good catches that I posted about on the NFL thread.

The legend of Ruggeiro grows. We thought he was working with all these NFL WRs and had an NFL QB. Well he did have one just not who we thought it was.

Wolford is out for the preseason after his appendectomy, but he's got the #2 spot behind Stafford locked up. I've got Chargers-Rams on and Wolford's former teammate Aqib Talib is in the booth raving about Wolford's leadership and business-like attitude. This is an amazing story.

This is a good example of the difference between college football and the NFL. A player can be very successful in college and not make it in the NFL. Lots of examples out there. Ie. Tim Tebow.

Boogie had a sack and 2 TFL. 4 tackles (1 assist) overall. Not sure when he played.

Good post...thanks for the update.

We are cranking out more NFL level talent than ever. Fun time to be. fan!

Last night, Dortch had 3 catches for 44 yards, each one for a first down. He presumably would have gotten to return punts in the 2nd half if the Cardinals had forced the Chiefs to punt. Whether or not he makes the team seems to depend on whether or not the Cards want Rondale Moore to return punts and if they want to use an extra spot. The Cardinals are pretty deep at WR anyway with Hopkins, Green, Kirk, and Moore.

Scotty Washington had one catch for 6 yards.

On the ACC Roadtrip's Wake segment they did a tour of the football facilities. A cool feature was a hallway with every NFL team's logo and a list of every Wake player that was a team member. A quick glance looked like we had a dozen or more names for each team which may be accurate, or maybe it stretches a bit to include every Wake player who signed a contract regardless if they made the opening day roster. But I'm o.k. w/that; if you signed a contract and suited up with the big boys, good for you. A friend of mine made it to one of the last cuts with the Packers some years ago, and he has the contract and (preseason) game jersey they presented him with in a frame in his man-cave.

Kinda hard to believe that after an indifferent showing vs Mich State that Newman would never throw another competitive football again.

Well maybe moving forward maybe our more talented players will look at Dortch, Newman, Sage, etc. and stick around. Grass isn't always greener. In Newman's case I think he had terrible optics with the league. Sure franchises will overlook red flags for lottery picks, but Newman wasn't good enough to overcome quitting on his team and being afraid to play. It's depressing to think how much better we would have been if players like these played out their eligibility at Wake. Especially hurt to lose Walker. He was the most exciting and promising player on our roster. Damn.

I don't wish ill on any player whatever he decides to do, but I certainly stop pulling for them after they quit on the program that gave them a shot.

Hate it, but looks like Sage is going to end up cut by the Lions .. one solo target in each preseason game with 0 catches. Tonight his solo target was on a 3rd and 6 play. No idea how the play went down, just that he was targeted and no catch was made. Hope he's done enough in practice to warrant a practice squad position.

I guess I missed the fact that Dom Maggio is a) on the Falcons and b) now the starting punter for the Falcons due to injuries.

Back