• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What rounds will Boogie, Sage, & Newman get drafted?

Kinda hard to believe that after an indifferent showing vs Mich State that Newman would never throw another competitive football again.

Jamie played his last few games at Wake like a QB who didn't trust his receivers and didn't trust his own throwing because of the pain that went with it. His favorite target was out for the season.

His RPO reads may have been influenced by doubts his receivers could get open and/or make the catch. He also may have lost confidence in his own body to make certain throws without so much pain that it had impact on his ability to hit his receivers.

MSU was crushing the pocket inside. That negated the handoff and left the QB pass/run option. And Jamie wasn't throwing. Thus the RPO became one dimensional.

I remember his performance as "indifferent." By the actual numbers, he was 12-27 for 175 yards, 3 TD, and 1 INT. The pick was a fluky pick 6 that was tipped twice. He also had 17 carries for 87 yards to be our leading rusher. He was meh, but not horrible.

I remember his performance as "indifferent." By the actual numbers, he was 12-27 for 175 yards, 3 TD, and 1 INT. The pick was a fluky pick 6 that was tipped twice. He also had 17 carries for 87 yards to be our leading rusher. He was meh, but not horrible.

Jamie's accuracy seemed to slip once Sage went out.

been trying to track who might make a squad -- some guys who are in some projections and out of others are Phil Haynes (SEA) and Dortch (ARI) and possibly Yarbary (LAC), the rest seem pretty safely in or definitely out

been trying to track who might make a squad -- some guys who are in some projections and out of others are Phil Haynes (SEA) and Dortch (ARI) and possibly Yarbary (LAC), the rest seem pretty safely in or definitely out

Seahawks beat writer for The Athletic has Haynes in as the fifth interior lineman. One of the backup tackles apparently has played some at guard. He praises "Haynes emergence at camp."

His everything slipped when Sage went out

2019 Wake Forest QB Jamie Newman’s grade:

With WR Sage Surratt: 90.6
Without Sage Surratt: 60.5

Kind of crazy that our fortunes depended so much on two guys who ended up being barely NFL prospects.

Boogie has played well the past couple of games. If the Bills aren't able to trade away a d-lineman, I do think there will be games when he's not active, but he'll absolutely contribute this year. His versatility, being able to shift inside, is a real plus.

Kind of crazy that our fortunes depended so much on two guys who ended up being barely NFL prospects.

Sage was able to get "separation" from college DB's because of his ability to go up in the air for catches. That hasn't worked well against NFL DB's.

The Athletic's beat writer covering the Lions was not impressed with any of the wide receivers.

We’ll start by noting the main reason why the WR5 job has been so hotly contested: No one, other than Kennedy, has seemed to really want it. Detroit isn’t sorting stellar performances there, it’s sorting underwhelming ones.

He thinks Detroit could be looking for wide receivers on the cut and waivers lists.

Lions released Breshard Perriman. He was given guaranteed money to be the stabilizing force on that wide receiver corps. One guy in front of Sage gone.

Cardinals just released 10 players, Dortch NOT one of them

WR KeeSean Johnson was and I think I’ve seen him on almost every Cardinals 53 man roster projection as the WR5. That very good news for Dortch.

The Lions waived 6 players this afternoon, including two receivers. Sage has survived the Turk to this point.

Back