• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What rounds will Boogie, Sage, & Newman get drafted?

I was listening to a Fantasy Football show on the radio on my in to work this morning. They were talking about Perriman being released and they were roasting the Lions about how bad their WR corp was. However, they mentioned Sage (kept pronouncing it Shuratt) and that they had interviewed him and he was a good kid. They hoped he'd make the team.

This is ugly. I'm sure Jared Goff is going to suck this year and everyone will say they told you so, but who the fuck are these guys ? Besides Perriman and Allison, who got cut, they're a bunch of nobodies. Tom Kennedy is a former lacrosse player who appears to be a lock to make the team.

Wide receivers (8)

Tyrell Williams
Amon-Ra St. Brown
Kalif Raymond
Quintez Cephus
Trinity Benson - acquired via trade with Broncos
Tom Kennedy
Sage Surratt
Javon McKinley

Cuts:
Geronimo Allison — (per Pelissero) - Story
Breshad Perriman - (per Schefter) - Story
Victor Bolden - per Dan Campbell - Story
Damion Ratley - per Dan Campbell - Story

FWIW, NFL teams can start signing players to their 16 man practice squad tomorrow afternoon.

In 2021, practice squad players will make $9200 a week. If a player stays on the PS for all 17 games, he would make $156,400 for the season, and he would continue to be paid each week during the playoffs as well.

Also, teams are allowed to promote two players from their practice squad to create a 55-man roster on game days. These call-ups can occur as late as 90 minutes before the game — when the official inactives list is posted. After the game, the player reverts back to the practice squad

Last edited:
Think a practice squader is also paid during the bye week; so, a player on the PS for the season would make $165,600.

Sucks for Sage. He could have been an ACC all timer. Now he’s just a guy.

Dortch cut

Marquel Lee too (as expected)

Looks like Phil Haynes made the team

Really too bad Dortch, Newman, and Sage left early. Newman appears to have gotten the worst advice, as he may not have survived mini-camp.

Did any of our on the fence guys survive?

Most of our guys were cut casualties yesterday. I think many will get practice squad roles, though, as most are still in their first 1-2-3 years in the league.

Amari Henderson was cut early. Benzinger, Hinton, Yarbary, Gilliam, Dortch, Surratt, Bachman, Maggio, Washington, and Lee were all released yesterday.

Bates, Wolford, Haynes, Herron, Strnad and Basham were the only players to make rosters. Bassey is on the PUP.

If I were to guess, I'd rank practice squad chances at
Likely - Dortch, Hinton
Possible - Surratt, Washington, Bachman, Gilliam, Yarbary, Benzinger,
Unlikely - Lee, Henderson, Maggio.

Last edited:
Back