• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What rounds will Boogie, Sage, & Newman get drafted?

Boogie is on the inactive list for the Bills.

Yeah. He's on a deep DL but I can't imagine many 2nd round picks are inactive today.

Justin Herron was in for a ton of snaps for the Pats today

2nd round picks are not inactives, that is very odd. He must be showing virtually nothing to get that treatment already.

Bates had 6 tackles and 3 assists for the Bengals

Bates also caused the Dalvin Cook fumble that led to the Bengals' GW FG. Bates is going to be well-compensated after this year.

Bates also caused the Dalvin Cook fumble that led to the Bengals' GW FG. Bates is going to be well-compensated after this year.

Hard to believe the Bengals didn't get him extended. Of course, its the Bengals, so maybe its not hard to believe.

On the active list for the Bills yesterday: Efe Obada, Vernon Butler, Mario Addison. On the inactive list: Boogie Basham, Star Latulelie. That really is incredible.

Bills didn't activate Zack Moss, either, and got steamrolled on the ground. Weird things happening over in Buffalo.

Well, the Steelers rushed for 75 yards for the game and averaged 3.6 ypc.... Not exactly steamrolling on the ground, but perhaps, your definition is different than everyone else. The Steelers offense did nothing. They had 255 total yards for the game and averaged 4.6 yards per play. The Steelers won because they blocked a punt for a TD, and TJ Watt caused a fumble and lots of other havoc. It was a typical ugly Steelers victory.

Well, the Steelers rushed for 75 yards for the game and averaged 3.6 ypc.... Not exactly steamrolling on the ground, but perhaps, your definition is different than everyone else. The Steelers offense did nothing. They had 255 total yards for the game and averaged 4.6 yards per play. The Steelers won because they blocked a punt for a TD, and TJ Watt caused a fumble and lots of other havoc. It was a typical ugly Steelers victory.

The Steelers won because they scored more points than the Bills.

I'm just saying that the Bills made some weird personnel decisions across the board, so I wouldn't read too far into Boogie being inactive.

On the active list for the Bills yesterday: Efe Obada, Vernon Butler, Mario Addison. On the inactive list: Boogie Basham, Star Latulelie. That really is incredible.

When the Panthers go to Buffalo, the DLs are going to be like that Spiderman pointing meme.

FWIW, Bates is in his 4th year in the NFL. When this season ends, he will have made $4.9 million over that time (half of that amount coming this season). He will be an unrestricted FA after this season. Sounds like Bates was wanted to sign a long-term deal for what will likely be less than he will make on the FA market after the season. Naturally, with no guaranteed money after this season, the risk that Bates faces is an injury during this season which would impact his attractiveness on next season's market. Bengals have cap room going forward; such a typically stupid move by them.

If he is healthy at the end of the season, he should get a deal that gives him $10+million per year for 4 or 5 years.

If Cinci doesn't want to pay that, some team will.

What rounds will Boogie, Sage, & Newman get drafted?

More than that. He’s firmly a top 10 safety, maybe top 5. He’s going to be 4 or 5 years at $15M+ a year.

I’d love to see Bates in Charlotte but I don’t see them paying Bates and then Chinn shortly thereafter, not to mention the other good you g defensive players.

If Bates has any coaching ability, I'd love to see him on our sidelines one day. At a minimum, he should come by for the motivational speech.

More than that. He’s firmly a top 10 safety, maybe top 5. He’s going to be 4 or 5 years at $15M+ a year.

I’d love to see Bates in Charlotte but I don’t see them paying Bates and then Chinn shortly thereafter, not to mention the other good you g defensive players.

Fourth highest paid safety is getting $14.75 million per year. Top is $17 million per year.

10th highest paid is getting $11.25 million. Jessie should get paid around $15 million.

Back