• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What rounds will Boogie, Sage, & Newman get drafted?

AP article today in the Winston-Salem Journal has Boogie going middle of the 1st to Indy. I hope so!

Glad Boogie got taken in 2nd but Jamie/Sage are probably regretting some decisions.

Hardly surprising but it was a personal business decision. Once made, it would have been much better for our program had they been decent draft choices.

Some rando wr from university of Charleston whose season was cancelled by covid just got picked by the colts. How does that guy get picked over sage?

Some rando wr from university of Charleston whose season was cancelled by covid just got picked by the colts. How does that guy get picked over sage?

What was his 40 time?

Funny that the WF followers on the Board are generally more pessimistic about the draft prospects of WF athletes than the national prognosticators. Will be interesting to see how the draft turns out.

Actually we weren't pessimistic enough. Particularly jaybone

Hardly surprising but it was a personal business decision. Once made, it would have been much better for our program had they been decent draft choices.

They should fire whomever advised them. Ton of cash lost.....

I'm just hoping we end up with the top 2 best available on Mel's big board

If you're not an early pick FA might not be such a bad deal.

If you woulda told me 2 years ago we'd be at the point where the Georgia Tech Punter got drafted over Jamie and Sage..... woof

If you woulda told me 2 years ago we'd be at the point where the Georgia Tech Punter got drafted over Jamie and Sage..... woof

Mid season Sage was either #1 or 2 WR in nation with gaudy stats and big games on national TV with lots of love until slowed down by injury but still had some nice games down stretch before deciding to sit. Amazing how quickly things can change.

Was dead on with the Boogie prediction, but missed on the other two. To be fair Sage was in the top 3 for Best Available for 2.5ish rounds

I was going to be super pissed when Jaime got drafted and they announced him as University of Georgia so at least they saved me that UGA anger. I can't blame him if he opted out to protect his family. But we'll never know for sure. I think it was fairly obvious Sage's advisers must have convinced him that a stellar Soph year at Wake was going to be good enough. Wrong. Hope they both get picked up and stick.

Too bad that they weren’t drafted round 4-6 but, once round 7 came, UDFA is probably the best option. Good luck to them both. Hope they get to pick a great opportunity.

It seemed that opting out was not looked upon favorably, regardless of the reason. Hate that.

Props to Boogie for opting in and being a 2nd round pick.

Back