• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What rounds will Boogie, Sage, & Newman get drafted?

Practice squad is best case scenario for Newman.

I disagree. Reasonable best case is he is QB 3 on the active roster and they have a few specific situation "packages" for him, much like New Orleans did with their backup QB last few years.

welp, shouldn't have been a moron, Jamie.

I mean yea, I can't disagree. He left a program where he was putting up huge numbers.

Anyone want to wager that Kenneth Walker will have a similar trajectory? Leaves a program where he put up ridiculous numbers. He'll probably never be heard from again and go undrafted in a few years.

I mean yea, I can't disagree. He left a program where he was putting up huge numbers.

Anyone want to wager that Kenneth Walker will have a similar trajectory? Leaves a program where he put up ridiculous numbers. He'll probably never be heard from again and go undrafted in a few years.

This would not surprise me at all. Michigan State rarely has an above average offense. Good luck to KW3 running against those B10 defenses.

Because there will be plenty of QBs available at the end of the preseason that the Eagles may want more as a backup/emergency/practice squad QB than Newman.

Negativity just comes naturally to Sig.

At a minimum, Newman will make the practice squad with the Eagles unless he does something stupid, like miss meetings, get in a fight with another player or have an off-the-field f-up. Not only does the Eagles roster make it likely, Newman fits the profile of practice squad player: talented, raw, high ceiling, lacking experience. Also, last year, the NFL increased the number of practice squaders per team to 12 (it will increase again to 14 in 2022). Lots of teams stash QBs on their practice squad. Newman will be one of them.

MSU offense last 3 years:

2018: 19 ppg
2019: 22 ppg
2020: 18 ppg

Good luck getting close to your numbers at Wake, KW.

Wake offense last 3 seasons:

2018: 33 ppg
2019: 32 ppg
2020: 36 ppg

Primed this season for another 35+ ppg with everything we have coming back.

MSU offense last 3 years:

2018: 19 ppg
2019: 22 ppg
2020: 18 ppg

Good luck getting close to your numbers at Wake, KW.

Isn't their coach trying to modernize them a bit? I would think he still does ok. Probably not as high of a ceiling as he would have at Wake, but still decent numbers. Assuming health is equal, I wonder what his numbers will look like compared to CBS for 2021?

I disagree. Reasonable best case is he is QB 3 on the active roster and they have a few specific situation "packages" for him, much like New Orleans did with their backup QB last few years.

What packages could they possibly have reserved for Newman that they wouldn't use Hurts for? Hurts would have to get hurt and Flacco start for them to have something for Newman.

CBS: 920 rush yards, 80 receiving yards, 13 total TD's

KW3: 530 rush yards, 120 receiving yards, 6 TD's

What packages could they possibly have reserved for Newman that they wouldn't use Hurts for? Hurts would have to get hurt and Flacco start for them to have something for Newman.

Agree, Hurts is kind of a rich man's Newman.

CBS: 920 rush yards, 80 receiving yards, 13 total TD's

KW3: 530 rush yards, 120 receiving yards, 6 TD's

You expect a 50/50 split between running backs this year? I think this is the year we see more of a 70/30 split, unless one of the young guys is surprisingly good.

You expect a 50/50 split between running backs this year? I think this is the year we see more of a 70/30 split, unless one of the young guys is surprisingly good.

Yeah, maybe we see closer to 70/30. If so, CBS goes off for 1,200+

Negativity just comes naturally to Sig.

At a minimum, Newman will make the practice squad with the Eagles unless he does something stupid, like miss meetings, get in a fight with another player or have an off-the-field f-up. Not only does the Eagles roster make it likely, Newman fits the profile of practice squad player: talented, raw, high ceiling, lacking experience. Also, last year, the NFL increased the number of practice squaders per team to 12 (it will increase again to 14 in 2022). Lots of teams stash QBs on their practice squad. Newman will be one of them.

OK. You have more faith in Newman than I do. Who has been more correct about him over the past 18 months?

Jamie is 3 inches taller and 20 pounds heavier than Hurts. Goal line/short yardage option plays. Newman's arm strength or lack wouldn't be a factor with only a few yards needed. We have seen what kind of a load he is to bring down when he runs.

Newman probably has ~75% chance to make the practice squad this year. An injury or more attractive backup option could change that but hopefully Newman does well enough to realize his NFL dreams.

To add to my earlier post, my thoughts on Newman are based on (1) my lack of belief in his abilities as a NFL qb; and (2) Wolford's experience with the Jets, where he was also cut so that they could sign Davis Webb.

But Pilch is welcome to continue to say I am too negative :noidea:.

Back