• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

"Worldly, Smarter, and Classier" Thread

wakephan09

fuck duke
Reaction score
For those of you who avoid the politics board, I just received the following compliment from our foremost boards lifestyle critic:

I should just shut up and let you tell me what I should post since you are so much more worldly, smarter and classier than I.

Inspired by this recognition of my accomplishments, I welcome in this thread all OGBoards posters, Wake Forest alumni, and members of the Deacon Diaspora from Portugal to Hungary, to post below the following marks of your elite status:

Worldly: e.g. a passport photograph or your genital measurements

Smarter: e.g. your GMAT / LSAT scores or proven ability to correct mistaken grammar

Classier: e.g. number of performance half-zips owned or Charlotte suburb inhabited

*NB: if you are a "racist RW liar" or "brainwashed," this thread is a JOKE. Why can't you have any fun? Why wouldn't I like to watch you dance?

Is this like the finer things club?

I once got 46/50 on a sample Wonderlic test after a long night of drinking at my favorite cocktail bar.

That hits all 3 categories in case it wasn’t clear.

Is this like the finer things club?

I was dismayed not to recognize this reference, so perhaps I am not as cultured as I was led to believe.

But yes, it is exactly like "The Finer Things" club -- the most exclusive club on these boards. Except everyone on these boards is welcome if you can demonstrate your worldliness, smartness, and classiness.

(Was also surprised to discover that the "Branch Wars" episode was written by Mindy Kaling and directed by Joss Whedon. Pretty funny stuff. Maybe I should watch this show)

please find enclosed in this post my worldly, smarter, and classier credentials for application to the Worldly, Smarter, and Classier Organization

worldly: i was born in honolulu hawaii and lived in tokyo for 5 years and esher, england for 3, i went to wake forest
smarter: phd student are always v smart no exceptions, i went to wake forest
classier: i enjoy jazz on vinyl and own many books (leather-bound, hardcover, and paperback), gin is my favorite spirit, i went to wake forest

i look forward to hearing from you about my application

Goddamn I hate gin. Kory, you bitch.

You also hate pizza and ice cream and cookout.

Calling gin a "spirit" is definitely a marker of sophistication.

You missed this reference too, chief.

Definitely unsophisticated.

is it a reference to something...worldly, smart, and classy?

if not, i want no part of it!

Speaking of sophisticated references, did you make a Wicker Man joke a couple days ago?

Speaking of sophisticated references, did you make a Wicker Man joke a couple days ago?
I most certainly did. And I appreciated your response!

Scottish islands, especially those governed by Christopher Lee, most certainly align with the ethos of the WSC community

please find enclosed in this post my worldly, smarter, and classier credentials for application to the Worldly, Smarter, and Classier Organization

worldly: i was born in honolulu hawaii and lived in tokyo for 5 years and esher, england for 3, i went to wake forest
smarter: phd student are always v smart no exceptions, i went to wake forest
classier: i enjoy jazz on vinyl and own many books (leather-bound, hardcover, and paperback), gin is my favorite spirit, i went to wake forest

i look forward to hearing from you about my application

Have you tried Botanist Gin? It is very classy.

Botanist Gin is from a Scottish island, so it is double classy.

I got 7th place in bar trivia along with two people who are smarter than me (one a deac/dooker). There were 8 teams at the beginning of the night, and I think one dropped. It was at joymongers in GSO, so I pretty much nailed all three WSCs.

Back