Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 36 of 36

Thread: Have you or any close family member to you ever run for public office?

  1. #21
    I ran for office in a small town in Maine. Ended up losing by one vote to a former POTUS. Did get engaged to my long-time gf in the end though. Still thinking about running for Governor.

  2. #22
    I disagree with you
    ImTheCaptain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    45,931
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonbeck View Post
    I ran for office in a small town in Maine. Ended up losing by one vote to a former POTUS. Did get engaged to my long-time gf in the end though. Still thinking about running for Governor.
    lol deep cut

  3. #23
    Tag:run4pubicorafice

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by BeachBumDeac View Post
    My momís whole family is from Jackson/Conway/Murfreesboro
    What a shocker

  5. #25
    my grandfather was a District Court Judge in whatever district Lumberton was (is?) in back in the day

  6. #26
    I ran for mod against biff, but lost

  7. #27
    Banhammer'd
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    HB, CA
    Posts
    78,116
    I was elected to student council without knowing I was running.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by LocomotiveBreath View Post
    What a shocker
    ?

  9. #29
    I'm thinking about it. Seriously. Only problem is that I live in a heavy Dem district at all levels and the incumbents who are currently in place at the federal and state level seem to be pretty decent people who would be hard to defeat even if I thought they needed to be replaced. My fingers are crossed that the GOP redistricts us back into the 5th so I can run a Scorched Earth campaign against Virginia Foxx.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by BarcaDeac View Post
    my grandfather was a District Court Judge in whatever district Lumberton was (is?) in back in the day
    I'm originally from down that way; looking forward to the upcoming "Moment of Truth" documentary.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by BillBrasky View Post
    I'm thinking about it. Seriously. Only problem is that I live in a heavy Dem district at all levels and the incumbents who are currently in place at the federal and state level seem to be pretty decent people who would be hard to defeat even if I thought they needed to be replaced. My fingers are crossed that the GOP redistricts us back into the 5th so I can run a Scorched Earth campaign against Virginia Foxx.
    shit, I might have to move back to Winston for this

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by BillBrasky View Post
    I'm thinking about it. Seriously. Only problem is that I live in a heavy Dem district at all levels and the incumbents who are currently in place at the federal and state level seem to be pretty decent people who would be hard to defeat even if I thought they needed to be replaced. My fingers are crossed that the GOP redistricts us back into the 5th so I can run a Scorched Earth campaign against Virginia Foxx.
    better not delete your posts or change your name like a coward

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by DownEastDeac View Post
    I'm originally from down that way; looking forward to the upcoming "Moment of Truth" documentary.
    yeah my mom, who grew up there, was telling me about it the other day

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by BillBrasky View Post
    I'm thinking about it. Seriously. Only problem is that I live in a heavy Dem district at all levels and the incumbents who are currently in place at the federal and state level seem to be pretty decent people who would be hard to defeat even if I thought they needed to be replaced. My fingers are crossed that the GOP redistricts us back into the 5th so I can run a Scorched Earth campaign against Virginia Foxx.
    I will donate money to this if it happens

  15. #35
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    119,863
    Quote Originally Posted by JuiceCrewAllStar View Post
    I will donate money to this if it happens
    Oh hell yeah.

  16. #36
    I've considered it/have had it suggested to me that I should (usually after I make some even-keeled, logical, reasonable statement in response to a Big event).
    It's precisely for all those reasons that I probably never will. I am all about finding the reason and logic in situations and then actually working towards a solution. Even just with how closely I need to work with the city council here, I am far too aware that reason and logic is thrown out the window on a routine basis. Politicians become puppets of those helping them get votes; heaven forbid they act in a collaborative way and upset their base. Even if you do find the occasional person who is there with good intentions, they quickly succumb to the partisan game because trying to negotiate with political megalomaniacs is a losing game for everyone. I've decided I'm far more content working behind the curtain to actually get the work done than be the mouthpiece. Plus, I would never want to put my family in that public of a spotlight. More power to the folks that go through with it, but it's just not for me with a young family (and especially not with the stepfamily dynamic as it is now).
    I know how to spell definitely.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •