• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sonoma/Napa - Yosemite trip - Need recs

jesus fucking christ that is like asking if there is anything to do between Richmond and Rhode Island. Kill your wife then yourself and call your moms and leave a note so no one spends time looking for either of you\.
first part was pretty funny, second part not so much

We spent last week in Sonoma. Dinner at El Dorado, La Salette, and we were able to get into Edge. All were great, but Edge was one of the best meals of my life. It was a fixed price, 6 course meal with wine pairings. For multiple courses, the staff poured us different vintages so that we could compare. I think there were more staff working than customers. It was a pretty amazing experience. We did tastings at Three Sticks, Kamen, and Repris, and then went to some other wineries in Napa. Pretty awesome trip.

Where is edge? We'll have to hit that next trip.

Sonoma trip upcoming - anyone here been to Fort Ross Vineyard or Hirsch Vineyards? The views look amazing and I Hirsch comes highly recommended. Fort Ross is a new one to me.

be sure to PM toogs as a) he has OPINIONS and b) he will otherwise parachute in with recommendations in 3 months after you're already home and act surprised that you don't thank him.

Also go to Macrostie. I love that place, great views, great tasting room, and excellent value on the club

We did Ram's Gate on our last trip to Sonoma as that came highly recommended by friends who live out there - Great views and super close to the racetrack (if that has any value to you)

https://ramsgatewinery.com/

Gundlach Bundschu is the oldest family owned winery in CA, very convenient to Sonoma proper, and not pretentious/expensive. Great people there with some cool stories about the fires/firemen. Much more preferable than pricy, snobby influencer-land next door at Scribe.

excellent intel, thanks. Anyone have a favorite lunch spot on the Healdsburg Square?

Gundlach Bundschu is the oldest family owned winery in CA, very convenient to Sonoma proper, and not pretentious/expensive. Great people there with some cool stories about the fires/firemen. Much more preferable than pricy, snobby influencer-land next door at Scribe.

We had a very disappointing experience at G-B but I think it was because the guy doing our tasting was a part-time substitute or something. He was an older retired guy who didn't seem to know much about the wines and tried to be funny but wasn't. The manager subbed in for him after a while and it got better. The place was cool and pretty scenic.

Back