Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Masters Contest - 2021 Edition

Steve Lepore
    Masters.com is still the best. Put up 4 different coverage areas at once.

Banhammer'd
    Isn't Rose a really good frontrunner?

What a round hes had.

Crazy round for Rose. Feels pretty common-ish for a guy to get really hot to start these big tournaments then fade. But Rose is obviously much, much more accomplished than most of those guys usually are.

Banhammer'd
    Matsuyama, Webb and Reed have been there, but they are far back...

I have been busy with work. Will update tomorrow.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/golfwee...ing-round/amp/

This is nonsense, who spends their time looking this closely at shots like this

That's B.S.

If Ancer on my team doesn't make the cut because of this silly 2 shot penalty, I will be filing a formal ogboards Masters Contest grievance.

Quote Originally Posted by morrison2951 View Post
    That's B.S.

If Ancer on my team doesn't make the cut because of this silly 2 shot penalty, I will be filing a formal ogboards Masters Contest grievance.
    As a fellow Ancer owner I agree. Just let me switch out Ancer for the backup player I almost chose anyway, Justin Rose, and I won't file the formal grievance...

Primary OGB Benefactor
    Peyton, Mahomes, Dabo, and Condi were on the course yesterday. BiffTannen will be in attendance today.

How did they determine that horseshit??

Did they use a new form of tech to determine he brushed a microscopic piece of sand that the human eye can't detect? I sure as hell couldn't see anything. I'm extra salty because I hit on a head to head matchup bet and then hours later lost that bet.

Quote Originally Posted by cheeseheads12 View Post
    How did they determine that horseshit??

Did they use a new form of tech to determine he brushed a microscopic piece of sand that the human eye can't detect? I sure as hell couldn't see anything. I'm extra salty because I hit on a head to head matchup bet and then hours later lost that bet.
    While I agree that it is BS to assess a penalty after the player has completed his round and signed his scorecard, unless he was trying to cheat or gain an unfair advantage, you can see that the sand behind the ball is flattened by his club before he swings.

Quote Originally Posted by LilburnDeac View Post
    While I agree that it is BS to assess a penalty after the player has completed his round and signed his scorecard, unless he was trying to cheat or gain an unfair advantage, you can see that the sand behind the ball is flattened by his club before he swings.
    Unlike the Reed situation, I'm not sure that was something that could have been seen by the naked eye given where the club was. Honestly seems like BS to me.

Quote Originally Posted by deacondamo View Post
    Unlike the Reed situation, I'm not sure that was something that could have been seen by the naked eye given where the club was. Honestly seems like BS to me.
    I agree. There is no way anyone could see that without it being zoomed in close and in slow motion. It was a BS penalty

Zalatoris just dropped a very long putt and was getting a lot of love from the announcers. Birdies 12 to get to -3.

Quote Originally Posted by WRS View Post
    Zalatoris just dropped a very long putt and was getting a lot of love from the announcers. Birdies 12 to get to -3.
    Pretty amazing that he has stuck around today considering he has played the par 5s at E today

Quote Originally Posted by deacon14 View Post
    Pretty amazing that he has stuck around today considering he has played the par 5s at E today
    And now it's a lot more amazing. -5 headed to 18

rory's not gonna make the weekend

(and i picked him for the contest bc i was one point shy of being able to get JT)

Quote Originally Posted by deacon14 View Post
    And now it's a lot more amazing. -5 headed to 18
    birdie birdie birdie finish!

webb is sucking though
    Last edited by IAppreciateIt; 04-09-2021 at 04:57 PM.

Zalatoris on a roll.