Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 61 to 70 of 70

Thread: Childress resigns

  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by wfunme View Post
    Randolph Childress can succeed at anything he wants to. If I had a job to offer he would always be my first choice.
    I guess he just didn't want to succeed at the NBA? Look, I love Chill, but let's not pretend like an amazing college basketball career extrapolates to success at all things. I've made many job offers he would fail miserably at.

  2. #62
    Member that 1995 ACC tournament run? Iím gonna need you to apply that sort of dominance in designing a covid vaccine

  3. #63
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    119,793
    Childress hit McInnis with that 2nd Pfizer shot though.

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by EatLeadCommie View Post
    Yes, I don't know how I forgot about that. There was a palpable fear that we'd lose BC, I think, and that probably figured in the retention of RC.
    It wasn't necessarily the fear of losing BC. It was more that Wake wanted to allow Randolph to coach his son uninterrupted.

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by Deaconblue View Post
    It is the dream of many fathers to pass the knowledge gained through years in a profession onto a son. Randolph got to live that dream with Brandon at Wake. That situation may have over ridden other career considerations for Randolph. Four years officially mentoring his son, and coaching every game is a dream scenario for many fathers. That was capped by watching Brandon getting his diploma from Wake.

    Randolph might well have moved on when Forbes arrived, but last year the transition was anything but normal. He stayed and helped mentor Forbes in "this is what Wake Forest University is about." That was the one unchecked box on my list when Forbes was hired. And, because of Covid lock down, something that was much more difficult to do than in a normal transition. One more task completed, or at least well along. Randolph is continuing to give back to Wake.

    Now let us hope that Wake will repay that by giving Randolph assistance in finding what he wants to do next.
    Yes, this.

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by RacerDeac View Post
    I guess he just didn't want to succeed at the NBA? Look, I love Chill, but let's not pretend like an amazing college basketball career extrapolates to success at all things. I've made many job offers he would fail miserably at.
    ?

  7. #67
    I agree at 100 %. I do not know how anyone could hold him responsible for the decade long mess. I mean I can tell my boss that his process is crap.But that does not mean he will listen.

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by EatLeadCommie View Post
    Yes, I don't know how I forgot about that. There was a palpable fear that we'd lose BC, I think, and that probably figured in the retention of RC.
    Quote Originally Posted by MichDeac25 View Post
    It wasn't necessarily the fear of losing BC. It was more that Wake wanted to allow Randolph to coach his son uninterrupted.
    Yeah, I'd be pretty confident in thinking it was the other way around: RChill wanted to stick around for his son's tenure.

    Were we ever at risk of losing Brandon? Seems like he was always already coming to wake

  9. #69
    Speaking of BChill, he signed with a greek league team last summer (Iraklis) and only played 5 games with them. He's now one of the best players on the team for an Estonian-Latvian league team Rapla. Read on Eurobasket he just dropped 36 in their last game, so it seems like he'll be playing for the foreseeable future.

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by Brendan207 View Post
    Speaking of BChill, he signed with a greek league team last summer (Iraklis) and only played 5 games with them. He's now one of the best players on the team for an Estonian-Latvian league team Rapla. Read on Eurobasket he just dropped 36 in their last game, so it seems like he'll be playing for the foreseeable future.
    Good for him. Plus, itíll be a great experience living in Europe for a while.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •