• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Perma ban: RJKarl

I do think store brand RJ over here was accidentally onto something, but he's got the analogy slightly backwards.

If this board were a business, it'd almost certainly be a sports bar, and if an asshole is constantly starting shit with other regular patrons, and those other regular patrons otherwise get along, the sports bar is going to kick the asshole out 10 times out of 10. That's not "cancel culture," like plama predictably said. It's just how the world works, and I think having to explain that to someone more than double my age is exhausting.

Tag: Gen X/Millennials > Boomers

He might be. Or embellishing, or maybe it wasn't even rj who posted something. If you're going to permanently ban someone without the possibility of defending themselves, and state that one justification for it was them doing something on social media but not offer any actual evidence of it, it's kinda slanderous.

9 pages in and despite people saying there have been numerous posts explaining why rj was banned, the only post that provides any substance is the first one, which describes his habit of derailing threads and the "massa" comment. The rest is innuendo, at best.

And I don't mean this as an affront to cookout or tsy. Don't know them, seem fine, appreciate the thankless work they do, and I've contributed to the board fund.

So much undeserved entitlement from a poster on a free message board.

This ban was inevitable once I saw the terms of his reinstatement involved a behavioral change of some sort. He's exactly the same poster he was in 1992 or whenever it was I first encountered him online, change ain't happenin'.

Anyway, so I can say something positive, if nothing else he prepared me more than anybody for the Facebook/Twitter world and to be able to go from "this post merits a forceful immediate response" to "whatever dude".

Good post. I only started posting here regularly after the 2016 election, but I've been a regular reader of these boards since around 2003-2004, and RJ was exactly the same then as now. Can't say that the ban surprised me, but I do wonder what he'll do with his time now that he's not posting here anymore. I sometimes got the impression that his whole life centered around posting here.

Probably post on Les’ board.

This thread, geez. RJs been the same kind of poster for probably longer than catamount and creamy have been alive.

I can't stress enough how utterly soft anyone here is who is behind permanently silencing a guy on the internet. There are plenty of posters here who think it's horseshit. I cannot emphasize enough how mentally weak each and every single one of you mother fuckers are.

A dude uses an antiquated phrase. Anyone paying attention knows RJ doesn't have a racist bone in his body. You guys suck so fucking bad

Seconded. I don’t believe the Facebook shit either. One of you weird fucks had even made a faux-RJKarl Twitter with his yearbook picture and his boards avatar. Let’s stop pretending that RJ wasn’t subject to more bullshit like that than anyone here. I understand that RJ annoyed the fuck out of most people, but he’s not malicious. Congrats, fucking bitch bois.

Last edited:
Rj is a Wake Forest message board institution. He has been consistently posting forever. He was everyone's crazy liberal uncle. I don't understand why so many on here took so much time arguing with him or trying to prove him wrong. It was an obsession and was never something you would win at because he is always right in his own mind. I will miss his Democrat strategy hot takes. You guys eat your own and it's sad.

Seconded. I don’t believe the Facebook shit either. One of you weird fucks had even made a faux-RJKarl Twitter with his yearbook picture and his boards avatar. Let’s stop pretending that RJ wasn’t subject to more bullshit like that than anyone here. I understand that RJ annoyed the fuck out of most people, but he’s not malicious. Congrats, fucking bitch bois.

So, just to be clear, you think someone made a fake RJ Karl facebook account years ago (using his real name), befriended a couple posters who he is friendly with, role played as him for nearly a decade on facebook (very convincingly) because that's how long the account has exited as far as I can tell, and then decided to randomly talk shit about me one night to one of those other posters on facebook just to get him banned in the hopes that I'd even see it? This also happened a few months ago too fwiw, so if I was going to ban him for just that it would have been done already.

C'mon DG3, I've met you in real life. We've had beers together. You're smarter than that. He's just an old man who doesn't understand how social media works and that there'd even be a chance I'd see it. Who knows what other shit he's posted to non-mutual friends I haven't seen.

So, just to be clear, you think someone made a fake RJ Karl facebook account years ago (using his real name), befriended a couple posters who he is friendly with, role played as him for nearly a decade on facebook (very convincingly) because that's how long the account has exited as far as I can tell, and then decided to randomly talk shit about me one night to one of those other posters on facebook just to get him banned in the hopes that I'd even see it? This also happened a few months ago too fwiw, so if I was going to ban him for just that it would have been done already.

C'mon DG3, I've met you in real life. We've had beers together. You're smarter than that. He's just an old man who doesn't understand how social media works and that there'd even be a chance I'd see it. Who knows what other shit he's posted to non-mutual friends I haven't seen.

Once again, this is perfectly verifiable, so post it. But this latest description sounds more like rj just made a comment on a fb wall?

Rj is a Wake Forest message board institution. He has been consistently posting forever. He was everyone's crazy liberal uncle. I don't understand why so many on here took so much time arguing with him or trying to prove him wrong. It was an obsession and was never something you would win at because he is always right in his own mind. I will miss his Democrat strategy hot takes. You guys eat your own and it's sad.

Yep.

Cookout, my issue isn’t with you. I didn’t mean to make it sound that way. RJ is a good guy IRL. Again, he hardly knows me outside of a message board persona and has gone out of his way to help me out with a couple of things without me even asking. Like mentioned above, RJ is everyone’s crazy liberal uncle and a WF message boards institution. My issue is that people are celebrating because RJ annoys them or mildly inconveniences their increasingly shitty OGB experience. I know the last decade has been a damn near death blow to our fan base, but this shit is so soft. You got a 70 year old guy banned because he annoys you.

The Facebook stuff I still am not sold on. Someone here absolutely took to time to make a faux-RJ Twitter and went as far as to find his Howler photo to use on the profile. His account here has been hacked, if I recall correctly. My point is that there are people here who do weird shit like that to RJ and there’s a history of it. Again, I don’t think any other poster, at least to my knowledge, has had to deal with that kinda shit.

Last edited:
I’ll make another point. We are 200 posts in on the thread discussing why RJKarl was banned. OGB needs RJ. RJ needs OGB.

Over the years rj has interacted with multiple posters, including me, through that Facebook account. Cookout isn’t some noob to the internet fooled by a fake profile.

Cookout, my issue isn’t with you. I didn’t mean to make it sound that way. RJ is a good guy IRL. Again, he hardly knows me outside of a message board persona and has gone out of his way to help me out with a couple of things without me even asking. Like mentioned above, RJ is everyone’s crazy liberal uncle and a WF message boards institution. My issue is that people are celebrating because RJ annoys them or mildly inconveniences their increasingly more shitty OGB experience. I know the last decade has been a damn near death blow to our fan base, but this shit is so soft. You got a 70 year old guy banned because he annoys you.

The Facebook stuff I still am not sold on. Someone here absolutely took to time to make a faux-RJ Twitter and went as far as to find his Howler photo to use on the profile. His account here has been hacked, if I recall correctly. My point is that there are people here who do weird shit like that to RJ and there’s a history of it. Again, I don’t think any other poster, at least to my knowledge, has had to deal with that kinda shit.

I contacted rj yesterday regarding his banning. FWIW, rj says that someone hacked or cloned his Facebook account - presumably, the same folks who have hacked (or tried to) his OGB account and tried to hack into his business accounts. He is adamant that in the last 14 months he only mentioned OGB on Facebook twice and both of those posts were to tell people that the boards exist.

If someone actually made a fake rj Twitter account, that person is a total POS and the type of asshole who would attempt to hack (or clone) his Facebook account.

I legit feel bad for cookout and all the mods that they have to put up with all the shenanigans. But if RJ was hacked, maybe he deserves a chance to explain himself in one more post? Idk just spitballing here.

Either way, I'll see my way to the exit because I've caused you guys enough headache

Back