Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 510

Thread: Perma ban: RJKarl

  1. #181
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxFaithful View Post
    I do think store brand RJ over here was accidentally onto something, but he's got the analogy slightly backwards.

    If this board were a business, it'd almost certainly be a sports bar, and if an asshole is constantly starting shit with other regular patrons, and those other regular patrons otherwise get along, the sports bar is going to kick the asshole out 10 times out of 10. That's not "cancel culture," like plama predictably said. It's just how the world works, and I think having to explain that to someone more than double my age is exhausting.
    Tag: Gen X/Millennials > Boomers

  2. #182
    I see rj missed the cut in the Masters contest. Just wasn't his week.

  3. #183

    Perma ban: RJKarl

    Quote Originally Posted by MichDeac25 View Post
    He might be. Or embellishing, or maybe it wasn't even rj who posted something. If you're going to permanently ban someone without the possibility of defending themselves, and state that one justification for it was them doing something on social media but not offer any actual evidence of it, it's kinda slanderous.

    9 pages in and despite people saying there have been numerous posts explaining why rj was banned, the only post that provides any substance is the first one, which describes his habit of derailing threads and the "massa" comment. The rest is innuendo, at best.

    And I don't mean this as an affront to cookout or tsy. Don't know them, seem fine, appreciate the thankless work they do, and I've contributed to the board fund.
    So much undeserved entitlement from a poster on a free message board.

  4. #184
    Quote Originally Posted by DeacHead View Post
    This ban was inevitable once I saw the terms of his reinstatement involved a behavioral change of some sort. He's exactly the same poster he was in 1992 or whenever it was I first encountered him online, change ain't happenin'.

    Anyway, so I can say something positive, if nothing else he prepared me more than anybody for the Facebook/Twitter world and to be able to go from "this post merits a forceful immediate response" to "whatever dude".
    Good post. I only started posting here regularly after the 2016 election, but I've been a regular reader of these boards since around 2003-2004, and RJ was exactly the same then as now. Can't say that the ban surprised me, but I do wonder what he'll do with his time now that he's not posting here anymore. I sometimes got the impression that his whole life centered around posting here.

  5. #185
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    120,504
    Probably post on Lesí board.

  6. #186
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Probably post on Lesí board.
    Probably, but does that board even have a politics board? Isn't it just one board for sports? At least he can still discuss his betting/gambling tips there.

  7. #187
    This thread, geez. RJs been the same kind of poster for probably longer than catamount and creamy have been alive.

  8. #188

    Perma ban: RJKarl

    Quote Originally Posted by CreamyGoodness View Post
    I can't stress enough how utterly soft anyone here is who is behind permanently silencing a guy on the internet. There are plenty of posters here who think it's horseshit. I cannot emphasize enough how mentally weak each and every single one of you mother fuckers are.

    A dude uses an antiquated phrase. Anyone paying attention knows RJ doesn't have a racist bone in his body. You guys suck so fucking bad
    Seconded. I donít believe the Facebook shit either. One of you weird fucks had even made a faux-RJKarl Twitter with his yearbook picture and his boards avatar. Letís stop pretending that RJ wasnít subject to more bullshit like that than anyone here. I understand that RJ annoyed the fuck out of most people, but heís not malicious. Congrats, fucking bitch bois.
    Last edited by DG3; 04-10-2021 at 09:07 PM.

  9. #189
    Rj is a Wake Forest message board institution. He has been consistently posting forever. He was everyone's crazy liberal uncle. I don't understand why so many on here took so much time arguing with him or trying to prove him wrong. It was an obsession and was never something you would win at because he is always right in his own mind. I will miss his Democrat strategy hot takes. You guys eat your own and it's sad.

  10. #190
    Quote Originally Posted by DG3 View Post
    Seconded. I donít believe the Facebook shit either. One of you weird fucks had even made a faux-RJKarl Twitter with his yearbook picture and his boards avatar. Letís stop pretending that RJ wasnít subject to more bullshit like that than anyone here. I understand that RJ annoyed the fuck out of most people, but heís not malicious. Congrats, fucking bitch bois.
    So, just to be clear, you think someone made a fake RJ Karl facebook account years ago (using his real name), befriended a couple posters who he is friendly with, role played as him for nearly a decade on facebook (very convincingly) because that's how long the account has exited as far as I can tell, and then decided to randomly talk shit about me one night to one of those other posters on facebook just to get him banned in the hopes that I'd even see it? This also happened a few months ago too fwiw, so if I was going to ban him for just that it would have been done already.

    C'mon DG3, I've met you in real life. We've had beers together. You're smarter than that. He's just an old man who doesn't understand how social media works and that there'd even be a chance I'd see it. Who knows what other shit he's posted to non-mutual friends I haven't seen.

  11. #191
    Quote Originally Posted by cookoutdeac View Post
    So, just to be clear, you think someone made a fake RJ Karl facebook account years ago (using his real name), befriended a couple posters who he is friendly with, role played as him for nearly a decade on facebook (very convincingly) because that's how long the account has exited as far as I can tell, and then decided to randomly talk shit about me one night to one of those other posters on facebook just to get him banned in the hopes that I'd even see it? This also happened a few months ago too fwiw, so if I was going to ban him for just that it would have been done already.

    C'mon DG3, I've met you in real life. We've had beers together. You're smarter than that. He's just an old man who doesn't understand how social media works and that there'd even be a chance I'd see it. Who knows what other shit he's posted to non-mutual friends I haven't seen.
    Once again, this is perfectly verifiable, so post it. But this latest description sounds more like rj just made a comment on a fb wall?

  12. #192
    Even Stevie Wonder can see that RJ is the victim here.

  13. #193
    Quote Originally Posted by pinochadeac View Post
    Rj is a Wake Forest message board institution. He has been consistently posting forever. He was everyone's crazy liberal uncle. I don't understand why so many on here took so much time arguing with him or trying to prove him wrong. It was an obsession and was never something you would win at because he is always right in his own mind. I will miss his Democrat strategy hot takes. You guys eat your own and it's sad.
    Yep.

  14. #194
    I tried to tell you years ago

  15. #195

    Perma ban: RJKarl

    Quote Originally Posted by cookoutdeac View Post
    So, just to be clear, you think someone made a fake RJ Karl facebook account years ago (using his real name), befriended a couple posters who he is friendly with, role played as him for nearly a decade on facebook (very convincingly) because that's how long the account has exited as far as I can tell, and then decided to randomly talk shit about me one night to one of those other posters on facebook just to get him banned in the hopes that I'd even see it? This also happened a few months ago too fwiw, so if I was going to ban him for just that it would have been done already.

    C'mon DG3, I've met you in real life. We've had beers together. You're smarter than that. He's just an old man who doesn't understand how social media works and that there'd even be a chance I'd see it. Who knows what other shit he's posted to non-mutual friends I haven't seen.
    Cookout, my issue isnít with you. I didnít mean to make it sound that way. RJ is a good guy IRL. Again, he hardly knows me outside of a message board persona and has gone out of his way to help me out with a couple of things without me even asking. Like mentioned above, RJ is everyoneís crazy liberal uncle and a WF message boards institution. My issue is that people are celebrating because RJ annoys them or mildly inconveniences their increasingly shitty OGB experience. I know the last decade has been a damn near death blow to our fan base, but this shit is so soft. You got a 70 year old guy banned because he annoys you.

    The Facebook stuff I still am not sold on. Someone here absolutely took to time to make a faux-RJ Twitter and went as far as to find his Howler photo to use on the profile. His account here has been hacked, if I recall correctly. My point is that there are people here who do weird shit like that to RJ and thereís a history of it. Again, I donít think any other poster, at least to my knowledge, has had to deal with that kinda shit.
    Last edited by DG3; 04-11-2021 at 10:52 AM.

  16. #196
    Iíll make another point. We are 200 posts in on the thread discussing why RJKarl was banned. OGB needs RJ. RJ needs OGB.

  17. #197
    Over the years rj has interacted with multiple posters, including me, through that Facebook account. Cookout isnít some noob to the internet fooled by a fake profile.

  18. #198
    Older than Dirt WFU71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The 'Noke
    Posts
    4,342
    Quote Originally Posted by DG3 View Post
    Cookout, my issue isnít with you. I didnít mean to make it sound that way. RJ is a good guy IRL. Again, he hardly knows me outside of a message board persona and has gone out of his way to help me out with a couple of things without me even asking. Like mentioned above, RJ is everyoneís crazy liberal uncle and a WF message boards institution. My issue is that people are celebrating because RJ annoys them or mildly inconveniences their increasingly more shitty OGB experience. I know the last decade has been a damn near death blow to our fan base, but this shit is so soft. You got a 70 year old guy banned because he annoys you.

    The Facebook stuff I still am not sold on. Someone here absolutely took to time to make a faux-RJ Twitter and went as far as to find his Howler photo to use on the profile. His account here has been hacked, if I recall correctly. My point is that there are people here who do weird shit like that to RJ and thereís a history of it. Again, I donít think any other poster, at least to my knowledge, has had to deal with that kinda shit.
    I contacted rj yesterday regarding his banning. FWIW, rj says that someone hacked or cloned his Facebook account - presumably, the same folks who have hacked (or tried to) his OGB account and tried to hack into his business accounts. He is adamant that in the last 14 months he only mentioned OGB on Facebook twice and both of those posts were to tell people that the boards exist.

    If someone actually made a fake rj Twitter account, that person is a total POS and the type of asshole who would attempt to hack (or clone) his Facebook account.

  19. #199
    so either rj is lying or cookout is lying?
    semi-aquatic like otters be.

  20. #200
    I legit feel bad for cookout and all the mods that they have to put up with all the shenanigans. But if RJ was hacked, maybe he deserves a chance to explain himself in one more post? Idk just spitballing here.

    Either way, I'll see my way to the exit because I've caused you guys enough headache

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •