Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 280 of 513

Thread: Perma ban: RJKarl

  1. #261
    Quote Originally Posted by wakephan09 View Post
    Is this supposed to be the most difficult challenge in crossfit? I'm guessing it's up there bc it has a name.

    An hour for all this? The pullups seem hard as hell, but I could do the rest of this in fifteen minutes. Even as an micro-old man who doesn't regularly exercise.
    I said 40 pounds, but the Murph is done while wearing a 20-pound vest.

  2. #262
    I'm guessing the Murph is named after some donk bro from Boston

  3. #263
    Quote Originally Posted by BarcaDeac View Post
    I'm guessing the Murph is named after some donk bro from Boston
    https://www.navy.mil/MEDAL-OF-HONOR-...HAEL-P-MURPHY/

  4. #264
    Quote Originally Posted by wakephan09 View Post
    Is this supposed to be the most difficult challenge in crossfit? I'm guessing it's up there bc it has a name.

    An hour for all this? The pullups seem hard as hell, but I could do the rest of this in fifteen minutes. Even as an micro-old man who doesn't regularly exercise.
    MarciaBradySurePhan.gif

  5. #265
    Quote Originally Posted by BarcaDeac View Post
    I'm guessing the Murph is named after some donk bro from Boston
    Navy SEAL who was KIA - the Murph challenge raises scholarship funds for vets

  6. #266
    well I stand corrected

  7. #267
    Quote Originally Posted by DeaconBrews View Post
    As you will certainly doxx and stalk DG3 by this point if you ever figured out who he was,
    Oops

  8. #268
    Quote Originally Posted by wakephan09 View Post
    Is this supposed to be the most difficult challenge in crossfit? I'm guessing it's up there bc it has a name.

    An hour for all this? The pullups seem hard as hell, but I could do the rest of this in fifteen minutes. Even as an micro-old man who doesn't regularly exercise.
    dude, you cannot run two miles and do 200 push-ups and 300 air squats in 15 minutes

    not sure any human could, even if you're doing five minute miles, that leaves five minutes for transitions and 500 reps of an exercise

  9. #269
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    121,349
    Itís fitting that other posters have made the rjkarl thread about themselves.

  10. #270
    Personally, I enjoyed Rj. And I get the thread derailment issue, but it takes two to tango - people seemed to love to bicker with him.

  11. #271
    Quote Originally Posted by JuiceCrewAllStar View Post
    dude, you cannot run two miles and do 200 push-ups and 300 air squats in 15 minutes

    not sure any human could, even if you're doing five minute miles, that leaves five minutes for transitions and 500 reps of an exercise
    I didn't realize you had to wear a fuggin' forty pound weight vest.

    But with body weight alone? When I was young, no problem. We did (way way way) more than that every single day. You're seriously underestimating how easy 200 pushups and 300 squats are for someone athletic who does them regularly.

    Part of the problem with crossfit, as I understand it, is its emphasis on speed rather than form.

    Seven minute mile; alternate between 50 pushups and 50 squats. Six minute mile. Make it twenty minutes or so. No problem.

  12. #272
    Quote Originally Posted by wakephan09 View Post
    I didn't realize you had to wear a fuggin' forty pound weight vest.

    But with body weight alone? When I was young, no problem. We did (way way way) more than that every single day. You're seriously underestimating how easy 200 pushups and 300 squats are for someone athletic who does them regularly.

    Part of the problem with crossfit, as I understand it, is its emphasis on speed rather than form.

    Seven minute mile; alternate between 50 pushups and 50 squats. Six minute mile. Make it twenty minutes or so. No problem.
    You forgot the pull ups. I can do the pushups and squats. That many pull ups is a problem.

  13. #273
    at 0.5 seconds per rep, you're at 250 seconds, or 4:10, plus 10 minutes of running at 5-minute miles

    so you have 14:10 of exercise alone, no time factored in for transitioning between them

    20 minutes, maybe, but vest or not I don't know that any human being can do it because a squat defs takes more than 0.5 seconds

  14. #274
    Quote Originally Posted by bym051d View Post
    You forgot the pull ups. I can do the pushups and squats. That many pull ups is a problem.
    I didn't forget them, just adjusted the workout to comment on the allotted time. I doubt I could do twenty pullups total.

    I wonder if I did everything but the pullups in twenty minutes if I could manage 200 pullups, literally one at a time with full recovery, in forty minutes. Lol.

  15. #275
    Quote Originally Posted by wakephan09 View Post
    I didn't forget them, just adjusted the workout to comment on the allotted time. I doubt I could do twenty pullups total.

    I wonder if I did everything but the pullups in twenty minutes if I could manage 200 pullups, literally one at a time with full recovery, in forty minutes. Lol.
    It's only 100 pullups. I can do them in sets of 5 if I space it around the pushups and squats. I'm not Mako level strength shape though.

  16. #276
    Quote Originally Posted by JuiceCrewAllStar View Post
    at 0.5 seconds per rep, you're at 250 seconds, or 4:10, plus 10 minutes of running at 5-minute miles

    so you have 14:10 of exercise alone, no time factored in for transitioning between them

    20 minutes, maybe, but vest or not I don't know that any human being can do it because a squat defs takes more than 0.5 seconds
    My math was very loose, of course, and I agree I don't think you can do a proper squat (or pushup or pullup, for that matter) in less than a second or so. An hour just seems extremely generous.

    And I've done a lot of body weight squats and pushups in my life. The women's basketball players used to laugh at us when we'd be squatting with the bar until they realized we were doing sets of fifty and shit
    Last edited by wakephan09; 04-14-2021 at 11:28 AM.

  17. #277
    Quote Originally Posted by CreamyGoodness View Post
    This is better than the DV7/PLAMA showdown of 2018
    that one came to a head though. the completion was strong, if unmemorable, there. jury is still out here though. we do all need to see the video. i don't need to be a judge but i do need to witness the greatness.

  18. #278
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Itís fitting that other posters have made the rjkarl thread about themselves.
    strong comment.

  19. #279
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Itís fitting that other posters have made the rjkarl thread about themselves.
    This is just a tribute

  20. #280
    Quote Originally Posted by mako1331 View Post
    Also, she this is no offense to you Brews, but my one stipulation on this whole shindig is that someone I know and trust is privately to both the videos as well. ATS would be my pick.

    Now itís gym time. Ches day!!! Better throw some extra push-ups in today.
    I do take offense. Iím familiar with who you are due to #contextclues youíve left all over these boards and can reach out to prove it. Thatís why Iím the perfect judge, I promise not to doxx either of you.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •