• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Perma ban: RJKarl

Is this supposed to be the most difficult challenge in crossfit? I'm guessing it's up there bc it has a name.

An hour for all this? The pullups seem hard as hell, but I could do the rest of this in fifteen minutes. Even as an micro-old man who doesn't regularly exercise.

I said 40 pounds, but the Murph is done while wearing a 20-pound vest.

Is this supposed to be the most difficult challenge in crossfit? I'm guessing it's up there bc it has a name.

An hour for all this? The pullups seem hard as hell, but I could do the rest of this in fifteen minutes. Even as an micro-old man who doesn't regularly exercise.

MarciaBradySurePhan.gif

dude, you cannot run two miles and do 200 push-ups and 300 air squats in 15 minutes

not sure any human could, even if you're doing five minute miles, that leaves five minutes for transitions and 500 reps of an exercise

It’s fitting that other posters have made the rjkarl thread about themselves.

Personally, I enjoyed Rj. And I get the thread derailment issue, but it takes two to tango - people seemed to love to bicker with him.

dude, you cannot run two miles and do 200 push-ups and 300 air squats in 15 minutes

not sure any human could, even if you're doing five minute miles, that leaves five minutes for transitions and 500 reps of an exercise
I didn't realize you had to wear a fuggin' forty pound weight vest.

But with body weight alone? When I was young, no problem. We did (way way way) more than that every single day. You're seriously underestimating how easy 200 pushups and 300 squats are for someone athletic who does them regularly.

Part of the problem with crossfit, as I understand it, is its emphasis on speed rather than form.

Seven minute mile; alternate between 50 pushups and 50 squats. Six minute mile. Make it twenty minutes or so. No problem.

I didn't realize you had to wear a fuggin' forty pound weight vest.

But with body weight alone? When I was young, no problem. We did (way way way) more than that every single day. You're seriously underestimating how easy 200 pushups and 300 squats are for someone athletic who does them regularly.

Part of the problem with crossfit, as I understand it, is its emphasis on speed rather than form.

Seven minute mile; alternate between 50 pushups and 50 squats. Six minute mile. Make it twenty minutes or so. No problem.

You forgot the pull ups. I can do the pushups and squats. That many pull ups is a problem.

at 0.5 seconds per rep, you're at 250 seconds, or 4:10, plus 10 minutes of running at 5-minute miles

so you have 14:10 of exercise alone, no time factored in for transitioning between them

20 minutes, maybe, but vest or not I don't know that any human being can do it because a squat defs takes more than 0.5 seconds

You forgot the pull ups. I can do the pushups and squats. That many pull ups is a problem.
I didn't forget them, just adjusted the workout to comment on the allotted time. I doubt I could do twenty pullups total.

I wonder if I did everything but the pullups in twenty minutes if I could manage 200 pullups, literally one at a time with full recovery, in forty minutes. Lol.

I didn't forget them, just adjusted the workout to comment on the allotted time. I doubt I could do twenty pullups total.

I wonder if I did everything but the pullups in twenty minutes if I could manage 200 pullups, literally one at a time with full recovery, in forty minutes. Lol.

It's only 100 pullups. I can do them in sets of 5 if I space it around the pushups and squats. I'm not Mako level strength shape though.

at 0.5 seconds per rep, you're at 250 seconds, or 4:10, plus 10 minutes of running at 5-minute miles

so you have 14:10 of exercise alone, no time factored in for transitioning between them

20 minutes, maybe, but vest or not I don't know that any human being can do it because a squat defs takes more than 0.5 seconds
My math was very loose, of course, and I agree I don't think you can do a proper squat (or pushup or pullup, for that matter) in less than a second or so. An hour just seems extremely generous.

And I've done a lot of body weight squats and pushups in my life. The women's basketball players used to laugh at us when we'd be squatting with the bar until they realized we were doing sets of fifty and shit

Last edited:
This is better than the DV7/PLAMA showdown of 2018

that one came to a head though. the completion was strong, if unmemorable, there. jury is still out here though. we do all need to see the video. i don't need to be a judge but i do need to witness the greatness.

Also, she this is no offense to you Brews, but my one stipulation on this whole shindig is that someone I know and trust is privately to both the videos as well. ATS would be my pick.

Now it’s gym time. Ches day!!! Better throw some extra push-ups in today.

I do take offense. I’m familiar with who you are due to #contextclues you’ve left all over these boards and can reach out to prove it. That’s why I’m the perfect judge, I promise not to doxx either of you.

Back