• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Perma ban: RJKarl

What would have happened if Michael Myers didn't get up from being shot 6 times from Dr. Loomis?

He would have stayed down and died. And we'd be deprived of the greatest horror franchise of all time.

What would have happened if Billy and Stu killed Sydney in Scream? I think you know what I'm saying.

there is no shortage of argumentative motherfuckers around here with terrible views

I don't know what this weird phasing means either, but I'm pretty sure the modteam didn't ban him for "phoney monotonous woke bullshit."

If you will read my first post on the thread, you will see that I have been talking about my opposition to permanent banning in general and not just to the banning of RJ in particular.

Look, if you want to brawl, here's how you do it. Set up a new sub-forum here. Call it The Octagon. Limit RJ to that board. Re-admit anyone previously banned for fighting or assholism (racism, sexism, etc. still needs a perma-ban) to that forum only. Deny all others the ability to post in that forum.

Then each week admit 5 regular member volunteers in there to see how they do. End of the week, poll the entire membership to see which one of the 5 held up the best. He/she stays as a permanent member of The Octagon. Someone should write a theme song.

After a couple of months you'll have the regular boards, and the most interesting place on the internet.

Everybody wins.

Look, if you want to brawl, here's how you do it. Set up a new sub-forum here. Call it The Octagon. Limit RJ to that board. Re-admit anyone previously banned for fighting or assholism (racism, sexism, etc. still needs a perma-ban) to that forum only. Deny all others the ability to post in that forum.

Then each week admit 5 regular member volunteers in there to see how they do. End of the week, poll the entire membership to see which one of the 5 held up the best. He/she stays as a permanent member of The Octagon. Someone should write a theme song.

After a couple of months you'll have the regular boards, and the most interesting place on the internet.

Everybody wins.

THIS is what I want my $15 to go towards

Everybody wins.
Just call it the thunderdome and use we don't need another hero by Tina Turner

I think some of it is generational too. I was personally raised as kind of a free range kid. So I have frequently gotten into it with people on these here message boards. But also understand that it's kind of the rules of the jungle so I really don't expect somebody to be banned or disciplined for giving it back to me.

This doesn't really track when there was some photoshopping involved.

This doesn't really track when there was some photoshopping involved.
That was a massive influx of people from another message board. And posting somebody's face on a photo shop or making derogatory comments about people in a picture with them is not argumentative that's just harassment. I would totally support banning people for that. That's arguably actionable behaviour there.

The only person I can think of on this board who ever engaged in harassment was Moonz so the board is probably a better place without him.

Last edited:
Biff probably hacked RJs Facebook account and made those posts to get him banned.

I mean, he hacked his boards account, so I wouldn't put it past him.

For the record, Biff hacking RJs boards account is 10× worse than anything RJ has ever done, I guess until publicly shit talking Cookout. That's a true violation of privacy and the ultimate act of disrespect.

For the record, Biff hacking RJs boards account is 10× worse than anything RJ has ever done, I guess until publicly shit talking Cookout. That's a true violation of privacy and the ultimate act of disrespect.

this is such a deeply stupid take, even before taking into consideration that it was diggler who "hacked" RJ's account (he didn't hack shit, he guessed a password on like the first try)

this is such a deeply stupid take, even before taking into consideration that it was diggler who "hacked" RJ's account (he didn't hack shit, he guessed a password on like the first try)
Yeah thats hacking

RJ had also quit the boards during that time period (purportedly for good), thus the reason the punishment wasn't more severe (iirc we banned diggler for 3 weeks for doing that).

there is no shortage of argumentative motherfuckers around here with terrible views

Yep.

Probably a majority of us can be fairly so described at various point(s) of our posting history.

I don't think anything RJ did here warrants a perma band. Just my opinion, not really attempting to protest or disparage the moderators, whose duties I would never desire to own. I'm guessing the decision was more a result of cumulative RJ complaint fatigue...which is a reflection on RJ as well as them whut couldn't resist complaining about (or arguing with) him.

Generally, I favor the idea of really limiting permanent bans. Shit, I've never even placed anyone on ignore. Sure, I can imagine some things crossing necessary lines of decorum and warranting moderating, temporary bans, and in very rare (hopefully) instances a permanent ban. Those lines are maybe sometimes simple to discern and apply and other times probably pretty challenging to fairly adjudicate.

Anyhow, for me it would have to be possibly the concerns about taking stuff from here into real life, depending on what transpired. Just being an annoying thin-skinned moralist (characteristics of more than one of us in this here little community) probably shouldn't get anyone banned.

Yep.

Probably a majority of us can be fairly so described at various point(s) of our posting history.

I don't think anything RJ did here warrants a perma band. Just my opinion, not really attempting to protest or disparage the moderators, whose duties I would never desire to own. I'm guessing the decision was more a result of cumulative RJ complaint fatigue...which is a reflection on RJ as well as them whut couldn't resist complaining about (or arguing with) him.

Generally, I favor the idea of really limiting permanent bans. Shit, I've never even placed anyone on ignore. Sure, I can imagine some things crossing necessary lines of decorum and warranting moderating, temporary bans, and in very rare (hopefully) instances a permanent ban. Those lines are maybe sometimes simple to discern and apply and other times probably pretty challenging to fairly adjudicate.

Anyhow, for me it would have to be possibly the concerns about taking stuff from here into real life, depending on what transpired. Just being an annoying thin-skinned moralist (characteristics of more than one of us in this here little community) probably shouldn't get anyone banned.

Correct. I'd hate to see how posters who use the ignore function handle disagreements in the real world.

Back