• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Perma ban: RJKarl

So far discussion has been pretty vigorous w/o rj, tbh.

Do you think calling someone a piece of shit is the same level of insensitivity as using slave patois?

I think calling another poster a piece of shit is extremely derogatory and should be beneath any adult. I will leave the relative insensitivity determination to you.

I don't know RJs intention either, but what he wrote bears a performance that's figuratively pretty similar to racist shit elsewhere (see "we wuz kangs").

I'd add that you probably don't need to target an individual to participate in speech targeted against a certain group of people either. Intentionality is important, sure, but it can't be the only metric for evaluating someone's words.

But you are a person who is studying this and is apparently very familiar with dialect that is being used in white nationalist circles. I feel confident that RJ had no conception of this when he made that statement.

If Rj is truly gone forever, then I’m not sure what purpose our continuing to talk about him after his board demise serves after this point. I don’t think it’s any secret that I had a soft spot in my heart for the guy, and I’m tempted to have my wife wife add him on Facebook(as I don’t have one) so I can keep up with him(although she may divorce me for the constant deluge of messages that would inevitably follow). Blame whoever or whatever you want, but this place obviously wasn’t healthy for him. So perhaps we should just embrace whatever he was to us individually, and move on with our collective board existence.

I am looking to RJs intention, and I don't think his primary intention was derogatory towards a black person. It was being derogatory against the person he made the statement against.

He "made the statement against" me. Because I said the following:

You're basically a walking fallacy, RJ. This is why even people that agree with your politics push back against your posts.

The problem with your "RJ's intention" interpretation is that even if simply using "massa" rhetorically is not "derogatory towards a black person", he's still ventriloquizing the voice of an enslaved person to represent his petty grievances in a way that belittles the suffering of enslaved people.

Even if you are right and RJ's insensitive rather than racist (probably the case) it still doesn't seem like an appropriately proportional response.

RJ didn't make an appropriately proportional response? Alert the media!

It is clear that the unanimous Massas stepped on themselves, and they need to decide whether they really mean what they’ve said, in which case we all now understand, or not in which case the board might be able to continue.

Um, what? Why don't you respond to what I wrote?
I mean he is rj. He is easily baited into saying outrageous stuff when he perceived himself as being criticized. Personally i don't think the characteristization here that he is going for makes alot of sense.

Wasn’t 1976 supposed to be the honorable, non-partisan party to verify the info from rj’s Tier 1 Sauce?

Wasn’t 1976 supposed to be the honorable, non-partisan party to verify the info from rj’s Tier 1 Sauce?

Honorable? LOL, I am the the one who’s laughed at you all for encouraging him.

I don't and I agree it is insensitive.

I also think it insensitive to call somebody a piece of shit or a shitty boomer.

But what if they are acting like a piece of shit and you are just being descriptive?

I think calling another poster a piece of shit is extremely derogatory and should be beneath any adult. I will leave the relative insensitivity determination to you.

I didn’t say he was a piece of shit, only that he seemed like one. Don’t hyperbolize my intent, look at the original meaning.

My man didn’t even pull the I have black friends card. He had to go to black clients.

"Don't worry. My AA clients would keep doing business with me knowing I support the use of that type of language."

I can't stress enough how utterly soft anyone here is who is behind permanently silencing a guy on the internet. There are plenty of posters here who think it's horseshit. I cannot emphasize enough how mentally weak each and every single one of you mother fuckers are.

A dude uses an antiquated phrase. Anyone paying attention knows RJ doesn't have a racist bone in his body. You guys suck so fucking bad

I mean he is rj. He is easily baited into saying outrageous stuff when he perceived himself as being criticized. Personally i don't think the characteristization here that he is going for makes alot of sense.
Yes, I think I agree with this, though I'm not sure exactly what your last sentence means. And yeah, of course comparing me to an enslaver because I called him a "walking fallacy" doesn't make a lot of sense.

As a side note, remember how mad he got when someone called him a "chili molester"? How do you think he would have responded to being called an enslaver?

I don’t give a shit if he’s banned or not, but he should never be allowed to message anyone on here again. It sounds like he’s annoying as fuck. If I was a Cookout or another mod I would have told him to get fucked years ago.

Needy ass adults are the worst of us.

wow creamy tell us how you really feel man

Back