• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Perma ban: RJKarl

agreed - for like the fifth time - that's not why he was banned

So then you admit the reason why he was banned is because y’all bitched to the mods about him.

Bro I’ve been called a chink on here, been called a dog eater, and in 10 years I have never once PM’d a mod. You pussy ass bitches.

weird gotcha since that's not why he was banned either.

So then you admit the reason why he was banned is because y’all bitched to the mods about him.

Bro I’ve been called a chink on here, been called a dog eater, and in 10 years I have never once PM’d a mod. You pussy ass bitches.

Weird double standard, man. Very weird.

it's incredible to me that there are people here who keep insisting that rj was banned because of "antagonists" who kept complaining about him, when the actual first post of this thread, as well as further more concise clarifying posts, explains that that never really happened

but sure, keep up the shock outrage over the message board banning of a mentally unstable 70 year old man who absolutely hasn't been messaging you to campaign for your e-support

Rj hasn't been messaging me, and I do find him very annoying at times. I just don't find it that difficult to ignore him.

I am glad that he wasn't banned for that comment because I think that would have been ridiculous.

Last edited:
1) RJ has had me on ignore for a year so even if I am “baiting” him or making fun of him for being a complete idiot, he would have to decide to unhide the post to read it and be baited.
2) whatever TKory teaches seems boring as fuck.
3) HATCH FUCKED SHAKA !!!!!!

biff still big mad that I stopped him from stealing the chat thread lol

In a thread debating the merits of perma banning RJ, the word "auxesis" is used, which isn't even in M-W.com as a regular word and only listed as a medical term. Google provides some more context but, man, that's where we are.

RJ is definitely nutty and he absolutely can turn something personal in the blink of an eye. But his consistency in these traits makes him pretty easy to recognize and handle for any person with the capability of self-control. Frankly, I look at some of these threads where people get into strange off-topic debates with him for pages and just wonder what is wrong with the non-rj participant in the conversation. It's easy to avoid any big debate with him and just as easy to defuse the situation if you are opposed to him. Does the person actually think they're going to win?

Rj is a character but he's a decent and good person and doesn't have a racist bone in his body. And he cares about Wake Forest (all the way from the West Coast), even sticking with being a fan during horrible stretches of basketball, which is more than I can say for some others here. If some of you are trying to argue that his use of "massa" was his way of making light of slavery or African-American subjugation, that's just weak. This isn't a DutchDeacon situation. And if there is evidence that RJ said something on social media, it needs to be shared here publicly.

I definitely hoped rj flew off the handle less, particular coming off his previous suspension. But if getting into off-topic arguments is a basis for perma-banning, there are a whole lot of posters who should be concerned.

Why should it be shared publicly? Do you think cookout is lying?

He might be. Or embellishing, or maybe it wasn't even rj who posted something. If you're going to permanently ban someone without the possibility of defending themselves, and state that one justification for it was them doing something on social media but not offer any actual evidence of it, it's kinda slanderous.

9 pages in and despite people saying there have been numerous posts explaining why rj was banned, the only post that provides any substance is the first one, which describes his habit of derailing threads and the "massa" comment. The rest is innuendo, at best.

And I don't mean this as an affront to cookout or tsy. Don't know them, seem fine, appreciate the thankless work they do, and I've contributed to the board fund.

“He might be lying or embellishing, but no offense to him and I really appreciate him.”

He might be. Or embellishing, or maybe it wasn't even rj who posted something.

oh, come on. it seems unlikely that cookout mistook the person who talked shit on facebook, considering ol' ricky has been doxxing himself on here for the past decade. if there are still people on this board who don't know RJ's full name, they must've tried pretty hard to avoid it.

If you're going to permanently ban someone without the possibility of defending themselves, and state that one justification for it was them doing something on social media but not offer any actual evidence of it, it's kinda slanderous.

I don't think you know what slanderous means.

and as for "without the possibility of defending themselves": what do you think the six month timeout was for? hell, what do you think the last decade of his incessant PMs to the mod team was about? the dude did nothing if not attempt to "defend" himself, usually unnecessarily, in the face of every goddamn perceived slight.

Not at all, but it is telling. Not been in a locker room or managed a business?
If you’ve managed a business you know you think at least twice about firing the disagreeable employee (yeah, that could be you, K) because human nature is that the group will always finds a new heavy if you do. Usually figure that out about 90 days into the gig, almost always the hard way. I sure did.

I do think store brand RJ over here was accidentally onto something, but he's got the analogy slightly backwards.

If this board were a business, it'd almost certainly be a sports bar, and if an asshole is constantly starting shit with other regular patrons, and those other regular patrons otherwise get along, the sports bar is going to kick the asshole out 10 times out of 10. That's not "cancel culture," like plama predictably said. It's just how the world works, and I think having to explain that to someone more than double my age is exhausting.

It's telling that 5 of the last 9 non-sticky threads on this forum are about restricting or banning rj.

This ban was inevitable once I saw the terms of his reinstatement involved a behavioral change of some sort. He's exactly the same poster he was in 1992 or whenever it was I first encountered him online, change ain't happenin'.

Anyway, so I can say something positive, if nothing else he prepared me more than anybody for the Facebook/Twitter world and to be able to go from "this post merits a forceful immediate response" to "whatever dude".

Back