• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Perma ban: RJKarl

Is this supposed to be the most difficult challenge in crossfit? I'm guessing it's up there bc it has a name.

An hour for all this? The pullups seem hard as hell, but I could do the rest of this in fifteen minutes. Even as an micro-old man who doesn't regularly exercise.

My math was very loose, of course, and I agree I don't think you can do a proper squat (or pushup or pullup, for that matter) in less than a second or so. An hour just seems extremely generous.

And I've done a lot of body weight squats and pushups in my life. The women's basketball players used to laugh at us when we'd be squatting with the bar until they realized we were doing sets of fifty and shit

[rj] watch him dance! [/rj]

Is this supposed to be the most difficult challenge in crossfit? I'm guessing it's up there bc it has a name.

An hour for all this? The pullups seem hard as hell, but I could do the rest of this in fifteen minutes. Even as an micro-old man who doesn't regularly exercise.

I’ll bet you $10,000 dollars you can’t finish Murph in under 60 minutes.

I beg you to take this bet.

I can't do one hundred pullups, so I don't think I'd win the bet

Nor do I have $10,000

Anyways NOT IMPRESSED. Watching crossfit bros struggling to jog a mile is a favorite activity of mine

God damn DG3 sometimes people just want to shoot the shit and give people hell without putting a fucking bet on it. It's a fucking conversation dude.

So what am I missing or underestimating here? I know what it feels like to do 200 pushups and 300 body weight squats and to run a mile twice. Is it the general fatigue of doing all these activities in a short time (plus pull ups, obviously)?

I bet doing pushups and pullups work some of the same muscles. That could be difficult. But what do you do for an hour? Just chat and drink muscle milk while you recover between sets?

DG3, how we doing the mile? Fitness watch, treadmill, what? Just want to make sure we're playing on a level field here. And did you decide on strict or kipping? You're gonna have the advantage if we're doing bullshit pull-ups, but hopefully I'll be able to overcome it. Finally, you good with ATS being my impartial judge on this? I have no doubt Brews knows who I am, and he seems like a cool guy, but I'm not hella wealthy like you and I don't plan on putting up what is actual money to me solely on the word of somebody that I've never met and already shares his Venmo account with you. Again, sorry Brews, I'm sure you're beyond reproach, but I don't personally know you.

So what am I missing or underestimating here? I know what it feels like to do 200 pushups and 300 body weight squats and to run a mile twice. Is it the general fatigue of doing all these activities in a short time (plus pull ups, obviously)?

I bet doing pushups and pullups work some of the same muscles. That could be difficult. But what do you do for an hour? Just chat and drink muscle milk while you recover between sets?

Chat and recover between sets? What are you talking about? What sets?

DG3, how we doing the mile? Fitness watch, treadmill, what? Just want to make sure we're playing on a level field here. And did you decide on strict or kipping? You're gonna have the advantage if we're doing bullshit pull-ups, but hopefully I'll be able to overcome it. Finally, you good with ATS being my impartial judge on this? I have no doubt Brews knows who I am, and he seems like a cool guy, but I'm not hella wealthy like you and I don't plan on putting up what is actual money to me solely on the word of somebody that I've never met and already shares his Venmo account with you. Again, sorry Brews, I'm sure you're beyond reproach, but I don't personally know you.

So, in other words, you know you’re going to lose so you have to shift the parameters. Fuck no. Put up or shut the fuck up. I did. I don’t care what kind of pull-ups you do. Standard doesn’t specify strict vs. kipping. Nor do I care how you track your mile. I trust that you will run a complete mile.

My money is in. I’m doing the workout this evening. The parameters have been set. Take it or leave it.

everyone get your vaccine passport and head to campus so we can just view this thing in real time on the WFU track

phan, you come along too and let's time you in an unweighted version with no pullups

I'll bring a keg for the spectators. scratch that, I'll bring a few nice Pinots. Let's start this thing at 6:00 pm Saturday. It'll be roughly 55 degrees - perfect weather.

So, in other words, you know you’re going to lose so you have to shift the parameters. Fuck no. Put up or shut the fuck up. I did. I don’t care what kind of pull-ups you do. Standard doesn’t specify strict vs. kipping. Nor do I care how you track your mile. I trust that you will run a complete mile.

My money is in. I’m doing the workout this evening. The parameters have been set. Take it or leave it.

The parameters that I have to send 500 bucks to someone on the internet that you know personally and I have literally and then trust his word on seeing both videos? It seems a little sus. What's the issue with ATS seeing both of them? I understand that I've given you well deserved shit, but I'm not gonna try to hurt you, bro. Hell, I'll meet you somewhere this weekend and we can both do it at the same time if you like.

The brews/DG3 fear of mako doxxing and/or murdering him seems pretty far fetched lol. Seems fair to have third parties representing both posters that are trustworthy and can work together on verification.

everyone get your vaccine passport and head to campus so we can just view this thing in real time on the WFU track

phan, you come along too and let's time you in an unweighted version with no pullups

I'll bring a keg for the spectators. scratch that, I'll bring a few nice Pinots. Let's start this thing at 6:00 pm Saturday. It'll be roughly 55 degrees - perfect weather.

Yes! Let's call it a "Murphan." No pullups!

But dang, I'd rather drink beer and watch other people suffer. Just cause I think I could do most of it didn't mean I want to!

Oh and it definitely would have to be unweighted. I'm a 99 pound weakling and 40 pounds is legit a significant portion of my body weight.

Back