• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Perma ban: RJKarl

cookoutdeac

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The mod team unanimously decided to ban RJ today (the only way we'd ever perma someone, it isn't a decision we take lightly, especially for someone who has been a part of the community for so long for better or worse). It wasn't any one thing that triggered it, just ever increasing and constant thread derails and playing the victim, leading to a worse environment for the boards and constant complaints from users.

Although if anyone one post could sum it up recently it'd probably be the one where he thought it appropriate to call someone "massa" a few days ago. But I'm sure you can go to nearly half the threads on which he's posted in the last month and find a off-topic argumentative derail of some sort.

https://www.ogboards.com/forums/sho...sion-Efforts?p=3680047&viewfull=1#post3680047

We've put up with it for long enough and hoped the timeout would help, but it really doesn't appeared to have done that whatsoever. Even while "keeping his head down" during those 6 months he secretly sent out hundreds of PMs waging shadow campaigns for himself, talked shit about me on facebook/IRL to folks (super creepy), and complained constantly.

why don't you just permanently restrict him to one thread per board like before? I rarely visited those threads but other people did so some people obviously like(d) conversing with him.

why don't you just permanently restrict him to one thread per board like before? I rarely visited those threads but other people did so some people obviously like(d) conversing with him.

It wasn't worth the pain there either for us, to be completely honest. We went out of our way to be accomodating to him while he was in that timeout (giving him permissions that no other kanhoji'd poster has ever gotten, like PMs and reps) and he still went out of his way to complain constantly, PM folks to lobby us on his behalf, and talked shit about us on other platforms, why indulge someone who acts that way towards you? It was a net negative even then.

Even while "keeping his head down" during those 6 months he secretly sent out hundreds of PMs waging shadow campaigns for himself, talked shit about me on facebook/IRL to folks (super creepy), and complained constantly.

Jesus Christ. What the hell. Get a fucking grip rj.

It’s about time. Thank you, mods.

Those who know me can vouch for my laid back attitude and ability to get along with practically everyone. We really tried with RJ, but nothing ever worked to calm him down. My last straw was the personal stuff Cookout mentioned. When I saw that for myself, I was over it. Over the years we've warned him about bringing the boards into someone's personal life, including some very stern warnings from myself. Some people just don't get it.

Those who know me can vouch for my laid back attitude and ability to get along with practically everyone. We really tried with RJ, but nothing ever worked to calm him down. My last straw was the personal stuff Cookout mentioned. When I saw that for myself, I was over it. Over the years we've warned him about bringing the boards into someone's personal life, including some very stern warnings from myself. Some people just don't get it.

👆

Sad...

The mod team unanimously decided to ban RJ today (the only way we'd ever perma someone, it isn't a decision we take lightly, especially for someone who has been a part of the community for so long for better or worse). It wasn't any one thing that triggered it, just ever increasing and constant thread derails and playing the victim, leading to a worse environment for the boards and constant complaints from users.

Although if anyone one post could sum it up recently it'd probably be the one where he thought it appropriate to call someone "massa" a few days ago. But I'm sure you can go to nearly half the threads on which he's posted in the last month and find a off-topic argumentative derail of some sort.

https://www.ogboards.com/forums/sho...sion-Efforts?p=3680047&viewfull=1#post3680047

We've put up with it for long enough and hoped the timeout would help, but it really doesn't appeared to have done that whatsoever. Even while "keeping his head down" during those 6 months he secretly sent out hundreds of PMs waging shadow campaigns for himself, talked shit about me on facebook/IRL to folks (super creepy), and complained constantly.

Wait a second, wait a second, wait a second. I thought this was a sports board. I didn’t realize it was a middle school girls group.
You are upset that he plays a victim, he called someone massa, he PMs people (surely not!), he complains, and he said bad things about you to other people? On a sports board?
Anyone of this unanimous mod team here ever walked into a locker room? Hard to picture.
Sad, dude. Sad.

Wait a second, wait a second, wait a second. I thought this was a sports board. I didn’t realize it was a middle school girls group.
You are upset that he plays a victim, he called someone massa, he PMs people (surely not!), he complains, and he said bad things about you to other people? On a sports board?
Anyone of this unanimous mod team here ever walked into a locker room? Hard to picture.
Sad, dude. Sad.

Apart from the sexism, which... nice, the great irony here is that the only one consistently acting like a middle schooler on these boards has been RJ. I know y'all have been friends for 49 years, so I understand why you're sad about it. The fact that it is so hard for him to step away from a message board (one on which he feels like he is being ATTACKED constantly) says a lot.

Apart from the sexism, which... nice, the great irony here is that the only one consistently acting like a middle schooler on these boards has been RJ. I know y'all have been friends for 49 years, so I understand why you're sad about it. The fact that it is so hard for him to step away from a message board (one on which he feels like he is being ATTACKED constantly) says a lot.

Chuckle... “sexism”. Any gender locker room?

Chuckle... yeah, you could have just gone with "middle school group" if that was the insult you were looking for, exactly!

I am opposed to banning anyone, including RJ, whose posts I have hardly ever responded to for the last 5-6 years. Banning people will not improve these boards, indeed quite the opposite.

Everyone who has been banned or driven away should be invited and welcomed back. If the board will not stand for vigorous discussion, then it will become increasingly boring, monotonous, and pointless.

As someone who has a ninth grade daughter and a seventh grade son, RJ definitely acts more like a middle school girl.

that sailor thinks rj was in any way contributing "vigorous discussion" is legitimately funny to me

rj contributes more vigorous discussion than sailor though

Really sucks that just as Les really seemed to be hitting his stride he is now going to inherit RJ.

gonna need a definition of "vigorous discussion"

I am opposed to banning anyone, including RJ, whose posts I have hardly ever responded to for the last 5-6 years. Banning people will not improve these boards, indeed quite the opposite.

Everyone who has been banned or driven away should be invited and welcomed back. If the board will not stand for vigorous discussion, then it will become increasingly boring, monotonous, and pointless.

feel free to move to somalia

Back