• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Perma ban: RJKarl

Dude, even you were making jokes about me getting doxxed. As things here tend to go, at least 2 people, whom I have never met and don’t know, from this thread have viewed my LinkedIn. I’m not sure if you had anything to do with giving my info out, but someone in the Tunnels brigade did. You guys bitch about keeping real life off the boards until it’s someone you don’t like.

For what it's worth, RJ doxxed me a few times on various sports threads by posting content that I produced as part of my job at the time as a way of shitting on my board takes. I had to tell him multiple times to stop (one time should have been enough) because I had no intention of sharing those details about my personal life on the boards. Looking back on it, I either must have signed a PM with my real name and RJ e-stalked me or he put together enough details about who I was to figure out who I was IRL. It was legit unsettling. If you're upset about random doxxing, though, then defending RJ is pretty silly.

Relatedly, thank you to the mods for their decision. I know that RJ's hate speech incident that prompted my exit probably didn't have much to do with their ultimate decision to perma-ban him, but I feel much more comfortable posting on OGB now that he's gone (for a lot of reasons). Primarily, it's not pleasant to be part of a community that rallies behind a guy who says and does the kinds of stuff that finally got RJ banned. I look forward to posting here again in the future.

For what it's worth, RJ doxxed me a few times on various sports threads by posting content that I produced as part of my job at the time as a way of shitting on my board takes. I had to tell him multiple times to stop (one time should have been enough) because I had no intention of sharing those details about my personal life on the boards. Looking back on it, I either must have signed a PM with my real name and RJ e-stalked me or he put together enough details about who I was to figure out who I was IRL. It was legit unsettling. If you're upset about random doxxing, though, then defending RJ is pretty silly.

Relatedly, thank you to the mods for their decision. I know that RJ's hate speech incident that prompted my exit probably didn't have much to do with their ultimate decision to perma-ban him, but I feel much more comfortable posting on OGB now that he's gone (for a lot of reasons). Primarily, it's not pleasant to be part of a community that rallies behind a guy who says and does the kinds of stuff that finally got RJ banned. I look forward to posting here again in the future.

As an RJ sympathizer, if it means we get Strick back, then it's a win! Welcome back dude!

Apparently I was spared a lot of RJ stuff. 99% of the RJ complications I observed could be avoided by simply not responding. I get that there was apparently a lot of behind the scenes stuff not obvious to the board at large.

But WFU sports is often boring, so we need someone to pick up the drama slack. I love a good message board squabble.

For the record you should not have had to ask even once.

Hope we can share a beer at mako's mom's next milf party.

I took the two pieces of information I know about DG3 and google produced his identity in 2-3 secs. He has a fairly specific background and current lifestyle.

DG3 you doxxed yourself a long time ago bro

Last edited:
Ftr, I didn’t know rj was going around doxing bros.

That’s super shitty

Ftr, I didn’t know rj was going around doxing bros.

That’s super shitty

I'm sure I'm not the only one, but he tells me via FB that he didn't:

"I have no idea who Strickland is In Real Life. I have never and would never try to find out. I have NEVER stalked him or followed him. He is LYING!!!"

yMRBrjq.png

"I have no idea who Strickland is In Real Life. I have never and would never try to find out. I have NEVER stalked him or followed him. He is LYING!!!"

Is this going to be a situation like Trump's twitter ban where RJ is banned from the boards but then other folks take his communications from other forums and post them here?

Is this going to be a situation like Trump's twitter ban where RJ is banned from the boards but then other folks take his communications from other forums and post them here?

RJ already nailed Trump's random capitalization of words so this might as well happen. Guess the next step after that is for RJ's supporters to raid cookout's house.

Has this been scheduled yet, guys?

Real Facebook, or "hacked by the mods for the last 10 years to set up a permaban" Facebook?

Yep, exactly like that.

The fact that people are adamant that RJ did this and that, combined with the fact that RJ is unequivocal that he didn't means someone is lying. Seems like an easy thing to sort out.

I really don't give a fuck. OGBoards is better off without him.

Real Facebook, or "hacked by the mods for the last 10 years to set up a permaban" Facebook?

I'm not really interested in becoming RJ's prime defender, but if you want to go, we can go. I have been FB friends with RJ for a long time. Granted, I'm not super-active over there, but I also only have a few hundred FB friends and many of them are not very active, so I tend to get a sense of what and how they post. RJ's FB seems about as boring as everyone else's. Other than some bad attempts at humor, I haven't noticed much objectionable content.

To be clear:

1. RJ is a different kind of cat, for sure. He takes the internet seriously. Thus, I made those animations a few years ago. Pissed him off, but he got over it. So I am not oblivious to the difficulties RJ presents.

2. RJ may very well have done some things worthy of a permaban. But the most recent on-board thing I saw, while not a great choice of words, was not in my opinion permaban worthy.

3. There are some assholes on this board who get way too much pleasure antagonizing RJ (again, I have been one of them). There are others who don't have the discipline to just ignore the crazy stuff.

4. People are tossing up conclusions in this thread. RJ cannot defend himself here, so the fact he sends out FB messages, etc. isn't surprising or particularly problematic.

5. When I state a fact, and someone (even someone I think is batshit crazy) says I'm lying, my general response is to prove the truth of my statement. I guess I'm weird like that, in this age where people have decided that the truth can be whatever they say passionately enough.

I'm not really interested in becoming RJ's prime defender, but if you want to go, we can go. I have been FB friends with RJ for a long time. Granted, I'm not super-active over there, but I also only have a few hundred FB friends and many of them are not very active, so I tend to get a sense of what and how they post. RJ's FB seems about as boring as everyone else's. Other than some bad attempts at humor, I haven't noticed much objectionable content.

To be clear:

1. RJ is a different kind of cat, for sure. He takes the internet seriously. Thus, I made those animations a few years ago. Pissed him off, but he got over it. So I am not oblivious to the difficulties RJ presents.

2. RJ may very well have done some things worthy of a permaban. But the most recent on-board thing I saw, while not a great choice of words, was not in my opinion permaban worthy.

3. There are some assholes on this board who get way too much pleasure antagonizing RJ (again, I have been one of them). There are others who don't have the discipline to just ignore the crazy stuff.

4. People are tossing up conclusions in this thread. RJ cannot defend himself here, so the fact he sends out FB messages, etc. isn't surprising or particularly problematic.

5. When I state a fact, and someone (even someone I think is batshit crazy) says I'm lying, my general response is to prove the truth of my statement. I guess I'm weird like that, in this age where people have decided that the truth can be whatever they say passionately enough.

Go.... where exactly? It was a joke. I don't have any investment in any Facebook or doxxing claims against RJ. As I've stated already, he's a perpetual child, and his unwillingness to grow up and inability to recognize he needs to grow up make him unsalvageable from a gen-pop message board perspective. I'm not losing any sleep over the exact reason the mods finally came to that decision or whether a lesser punishment would have been equally suitable.

As to #5, blame the post-modernists.

2. RJ may very well have done some things worthy of a permaban. But the most recent on-board thing I saw, while not a great choice of words, was not in my opinion permaban worthy..

these contradict each other, though

the mods were clear about why rj was banned and it wasn't for "the most recent on-board thing"

Back