• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Perma ban: RJKarl

Correct. I'd hate to see how posters who use the ignore function handle disagreements in the real world.

What a dumb comment. I don't use the ignore function here but I definitely avoid interacting with idiots itrw when given the choice. That's probably what they do in real life, avoid arguments with idiots.

... I want to be apart of it!

EuphoricNegativeKodiakbear-size_restricted.gif

What a dumb comment. I don't use the ignore function here but I definitely avoid interacting with idiots itrw when given the choice. That's probably what they do in real life, avoid arguments with idiots.

Resilient means well but sometimes makes stupid comments.

When I joined these boards and he figured out who I was IRL, he asked me to PM a mod and ask said mod to ban Ph. I told him that must be his fight, not mine. He did give me free beer at the Vet though.

That 94 did live in the ATL area - nice guy who had some battles with DR. I volunteered to buy them both a drink in Seattle in 2002 to talk it out, but it fell thru. He likes SRV and his father worked with one of my good friends at Wake.

I remember three pretty active females - AquaR, DeacMom, and a cool black gal (can picture her, but can't recall her name).

94 lived in Peachtree Village(or something like that), drove a gold and black golf cart and claimed he was going to get-or had-a full back tattoo of a deacon ala Flannery O.

Last edited:
Just chiming in to say I'm sorry to see rj go. I've been around the Wake boards under one handle or another for almost thirty years (I guess that puts me close to "shitty boomer" territory - funny that that kind of comment always seems to escape criticism on here) and I've seen worse behavior that didn't result in a permanent ban. Not going to second-guess the mods' decision because I know they have a tough job, and rj definitely crossed the line at times, but he was also the target of a lot of deliberate provocations on here, some of them from the people cheering the loudest about his punishment.

Definitely a generational angle to this - I do think people are a bit more thin-skinned these days, but it's also a generally a good thing that we do better at policing everybody's language. I said plenty of stuff on the boards back in my younger days that I'd be embarrassed to have dredged up now.

Just chiming in to say I'm sorry to see rj go. I've been around the Wake boards under one handle or another for almost thirty years (I guess that puts me close to "shitty boomer" territory - funny that that kind of comment always seems to escape criticism on here) and I've seen worse behavior that didn't result in a permanent ban. Not going to second-guess the mods' decision because I know they have a tough job, and rj definitely crossed the line at times, but he was also the target of a lot of deliberate provocations on here, some of them from the people cheering the loudest about his punishment.

Definitely a generational angle to this - I do think people are a bit more thin-skinned these days, but it's also a generally a good thing that we do better at policing everybody's language. I said plenty of stuff on the boards back in my younger days that I'd be embarrassed to have dredged up now.

rj is pretty much the epitome of a thin-skinned poster. he is a little whiny baby.

but did he leave the boards? well, what can ya do?

do people really misuse apart and a part?

All the time.

And when a basketball/football player commits to a school and can't wait to be "apart" from that new school, I chuckle because it doesn't mean what they think it means.

Fire up Twitter and follow Verbal Commits and some of the other ones...And you'll see 9 outta 10 misuse the word. Like dudes committing to high level academic institutions reallllly struggle with a part/apart. It makes no sense to me.

Wake Forest graduates with successful careers (WFGSC) still regularly confuse "y'all", "aisle", and "a part" among many others. I'd give the high schoolers a break.

That's not to mention egregious misuse of "et alia" by 99% of posters. High school athletes largely forgo the #pretension.

Wake Forest graduates with successful careers (WFGSC) still regularly confuse "y'all", "aisle", and "a part" among many others. I'd give the high schoolers a break.

That's not to mention egregious misuse of "et alia" by 99% of posters. High school athletes largely forgo the #pretension.

Oh I'm defs not one to talk shit. I'm a walking spelling error.

I just find it funny when they say they can't wait to be apart of their new team.

Oh I agree, it's definitely funny. That's exactly how I feel when I see otherwise smart posters on here make equally egregious errors. But it's worse here I think bc people trying to sound smart!

Back