• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Perma ban: RJKarl

Someone has a weird obsession where they related everything back to hanging out with naked men, NTTAWWT

Someone has a weird obsession where they related everything back to hanging out with naked men, NTTAWWT

Not sure... what that means, but thank you for sharing. Might mean a lot more about you than me, but I could be mistaken.
You do understand the notion of low hanging fruit, don’t you?

Nope. It is different, and that is significant, and the Massas should make that clear to Wake fans who mistake it inadvertently for a sports board.

Boy oh boy.

Also, this sports board is not a locker room or a business. Why do you think the mods should treat it like one?

Agreed. That was my point. Just make it clear that opinions or culture contrary to the Massas are unacceptable, and there will be nothing else to discuss.

I like that another shitty boomer in a quest to support their friend, a shitty boomer who has been given every possible chance is dropping racial slurs, you know you could just leave the boards instead of getting banned.

Agreed. That was my point. Just make it clear that opinions or culture contrary to the Massas are unacceptable, and there will be nothing else to discuss.

If you don’t think there is anything left to discuss you are free to take your racist words and go.

No doubt rj wasn't going to change. So yeah, it boiled down to either accepting him as he is, ignoring him, or complaining about him. Clearly, the constant complaints of those unable to accept or ignore him wore down the moderators.

Ah, yes, very good. When Diggler hacked RJ's account, RJ could have accepted him, ignored him, or complained about him. The constant complaints apparently wore down the moderators and forced them to ban him.

For what it's worth, when I was moderator, we received far more complaints from RJ than about RJ, and those in the latter category were never about "RJ being RJ" but about actionable or debatably-actionable offenses. However, if the moderators are as susceptible to complaints as you think, perhaps your complaining on this thread will wear them down enough to lead them to reverse their decision. There's always hope.

Do I need to go through the standard reporting process or will me quoting in the thread that the mods started suffice? Juuuuuuust wondering.

I like that another shitty boomer in a quest to support their friend, a shitty boomer who has been given every possible chance is dropping racial slurs, you know you could just leave the boards instead of getting banned.

“Shitty boomer” is probably an upgrade for me, thanks.

RJ certainly brought most of the grief he got on himself by never letting anything go.

And there were certainly circumstances where RJs rhetoric was clearly gross. the entire Nazi prison guard scenario for instance.

The use of Massa as a rhetorical device? Meh.

Not sure... what that means, but thank you for sharing. Might mean a lot more about you than me, but I could be mistaken.
You do understand the notion of low hanging fruit, don’t you?

Why are you talking about saggy testicles in the locker room?

Ah, yes, very good. When Diggler hacked RJ's account, RJ could have accepted him, ignored him, or complained about him. The constant complaints apparently wore down the moderators and forced them to ban him.

For what it's worth, when I was moderator, we received far more complaints from RJ than about RJ, and those in the latter category were never about "RJ being RJ" but about actionable or debatably-actionable offenses. However, if the moderators are as susceptible to complaints as you think, perhaps your complaining on this thread will wear them down enough to lead them to reverse their decision. There's always hope.

Thanks.

I have been chiding those offering “constant complaints” to the moderators. If RJ was the biggest complainer about others, that’s on him.

Is speaking in a patois identifiable as an African slave hyperbole?

When somebody says for instance "yes Massa" they are typically being critical of the person who is the perceived oppressor in that situation. Are they doing it in an insensitive way? perhaps. But it is absolutely hyperbole.

And hyperbole is a rhetorical device, so my original statement was factually correct.

Performing the voice of a slave is certainly rhetorical but it isn't hyperbole or auxesis.

It's also something you see a lot alongside other examples of racism or anti-semitism on 4 or 8chan

See: "we wuz kangs" (or "kangz n shiet") another racist caricature of patois

Back