• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Prince Philip

I'm really glad I can wholesale avoid Heidegger (and to some extent Carl Schmitt) but Paul de Man has a few legitimately great essays on rhetoric /grammar and I hate that he can be linked to Nazi stuff

have not seen the crown, so apologies for pulling from my own memory instead

a. The fact that anyone gives a shit about these uninteresting, incestuous elites blows my mind

b. Why does the UK allow them to still exist? They should have been forced into being private citizens a century ago.

Counterpoint: The US held an election and enough people elected the Trumps as the presidential family.

Counterpoint: The US held an election and enough people elected the Trumps as the presidential family.

CounterCounterPoint: we dethroned those fuckers after 4 years

The British have wasted billions on these Germanic family fuckers. Throw them out into the street with everyone else.

Last edited:
Several years ago, my wife and I were part of a group tour in Stockholm. At one point, one woman in our group asked if Sweden had a royal family. Our guide responded yes, but we keep ours out of the tabloids.

Please note: I've seen most of the first season of The Crown (which depicts him mostly in unflattering ways) and I've read maybe 4-5 articles about him today.

So, I'm pretty much an expert.

Agree it's a little fascinating/weird, the whole concept of a royal family today. Have to hand it to them Brits, however. They've figured out a way to have their royalty and a functioning (cough) democracy at the same time.

But if you want to see for a REAL monarchy functions, just check out the news out of Jordan this week.

a. The fact that anyone gives a shit about these uninteresting, incestuous elites blows my mind

b. Why does the UK allow them to still exist? They should have been forced into being private citizens a century ago.

Agree. I've never followed anything remotely connected to the Royal Family. The only thing that has me even 1% interested is that apparently he was not into all the pomp and circumstance that the Royal Family garners. He was probably like "I don't like all this BS but I'm just gonna ride along quietly".

Honestly the lifestyle for surrounding members seems utterly suffocating.

Several years ago, my wife and I were part of a group tour in Stockholm. At one point, one woman in our group asked if Sweden had a royal family. Our guide responded yes, but we keep ours out of the tabloids.

That and nobody gives a shit about Sweden since they haven't been particularly relevant in forever.

Back