• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Prince Philip

Deaconblue

Reaction score
Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, consort to Queen Elizabeth, has died. He was 99. They had been married since 1947, almost 74 years.

He had been hospitalized for four weeks recently.

Condolences to all the royal family.

i was wondering in the shower if it was conceivable for the English Monarchy to ever be overthrown and supplanted by another 'noble' family or is it now just the Windsor line forever

a. The fact that anyone gives a shit about these uninteresting, incestuous elites blows my mind

b. Why does the UK allow them to still exist? They should have been forced into being private citizens a century ago.

a. The fact that anyone gives a shit about these uninteresting, incestuous elites blows my mind

b. Why does the UK allow them to still exist? They should have been forced into being private citizens a century ago.

100%

I paid no attention before this and thought it was kinda neat that he was still alive and kicking at like 100 but reading a couple things today he sounds like a bit of a hardass and wouldn’t be surprised if he was a source of some of the racial issues of the royal family.

Agreed in wondering why people revere them so much, especially Americans. They’re basically really expensive mascots.

Made me laugh after the Harry-Megan interview came out they had to clarify that it was NOT Prince Philip that made the racist remarks. Because he’d be the obvious candidate.

There’s a huge part of the UK that absolutely love the royals. They aren’t going anywhere.

repackaged twitter joke:

"I've never lost a cousin or a husband, so thoughts out to the Queen today who lost both"

EyisoUPWEAMAtYo

he was basically raised in a nazi household, his sister was a nazi, and that pic is him attending her funeral in 1937

three of his four sisters married into the nazi party, i believe

seems like his mom was chill tho

Back