• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat thread 95: old people can't hang anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good news. New doctor didn't believe a prostate exam was necessary at my age and with my historical lab results. Whole appointment was a non-event and probably not worth my time.

What are you even paying him for if he didn't do the prostate exam ?

no way

ads are frequently too specific for this to be true

Da's right here. Think about how much data major tech companies have collected on you - they're constantly feeding you targeted ads using tons upon tons of psychometric data.

The algorithm works so well that they don't need to listen to your conversations to pitch you ads. The "listening to your phone" thing feels a lot a (conspiracy-lite) refusal to come to terms with this.

but I'm talking about like place-specific hotel ads based on a conversation within 30 minutes

not a place I've recently googled or searched Instagram for images of

but like my friend is telling me about their trip to X and X pops up in my instagram ads

I have a question that I will wait to ask on the next thread after the last page flurry of biff nonsense

but I'm talking about like place-specific hotel ads based on a conversation within 30 minutes

not a place I've recently googled or searched Instagram for images of

but like my friend is telling me about their trip to X and X pops up in my instagram ads

is this place X a popular destination or like Danville, NC? you're a dude who seems open to traveling, so I wouldn't be surprised if your profile(s) is/are in that major category

and you're positive that when they told you about traveling to X (before/during/after) you never searched the place or liked any images from their trip?

I'm thinking about taking some community college courses so i can hang out with chicks like Alison Brie.

is this place X a popular destination or like Danville, NC? you're a dude who seems open to traveling, so I wouldn't be surprised if your profile(s) is/are in that major category

and you're positive that when they told you about traveling to X (before/during/after) you never searched the place or liked any images from their trip?

like, ALL of this goes into the algorithm, plus when your friend returns, he or you are likely sharing location-based data, so sometimes major tech companies know when you cross paths, which can influence which ads are served.

I was awake throughout my colonoscopy and chatting with the butthole doc. I was sedated, but still able to make fun of him for playing Foghat on the radio during the start of the procedure. Suppose the music was designed to drown out the less pleasant sounds. Though I'm not sure "Slow Ride" was the solution. I was able to watch the doings on the monitor which was kind of fascinating.

Dang, she's 38 now. She used to be too young for me, but not anymore.

I'm going to get a copy and put it on YouTube next time though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back