• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat thread 95: old people can't hang anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our 1.5 yr old just hit this phase for a couple of weeks. He was similarly a very good sleeper (12 hour nights from 2.5 months on for the most part), so it was a rude awakening and gave me lots of flashbacks to month 1 (similarly reminded me how lucky we were). Definitely all just separation anxiety though. We ended up starting to let him sleep w/ a small stuffed Llama (Mama Llama his favorite book) and that helped immensely. IDK if that's good advice or not or we are creating some crazy dependency who knows. Hearing him wake up, find his Llama, and mutter mama to himself repeatedly as he falls back asleep is much better than big crying, though.

Sounds like 1.5 is the sleep change age. We have a couple stuffed animals with her and about 8 pacifiers. Wake up and every pacifier somehow finds itself under the crib where I have to essentially crawl under to get it.

in one of the episodes of the Llama Llama show on Netflix, Mama Llama is straight up cutting her grass with scissors and I think she's actually insane

Dolly Parton's book program is amazing. We buy plenty of books otherwise, but it's not something I'm constantly researching or keeping up with, so it's nice to get that once-a-month surprise.

Those Dolly books are clutch

Just wait until your kid turns 5 and you get the last book. It has a letter from Dolly in the front of the book that will emotionally destroy you.

in one of the episodes of the Llama Llama show on Netflix, Mama Llama is straight up cutting her grass with scissors and I think she's actually insane

lololol we haven't watched this show yet but I will keep an eye out for evidence that supports this theory

wait does your kid mutter mama as he's falling asleep even though the llama is not named mama because that is even more interesting parapraxis

Sounds like 1.5 is the sleep change age. We have a couple stuffed animals with her and about 8 pacifiers. Wake up and every pacifier somehow finds itself under the crib where I have to essentially crawl under to get it.

our 16-month old is starting to take a lot longer to fall asleep. usually it's between 5-15 mins of making noise after we put him down. but the other night he took 1.5 hours and both of us going up to rock him, which we never have to do.

I consider our luckiest feat as parents the fact that kiddo never wanted a pacifier. One less set of things to keep clean.

wait does your kid mutter mama as he's falling asleep even though the llama is not named mama because that is even more interesting parapraxis

I think the Llama is named "Mama Llama", I just got the book title wrong earlier

I consider our luckiest feat as parents the fact that kiddo never wanted a pacifier. One less set of things to keep clean.

yeah ours kinda liked it early on but only for like 5-10 mins at a time. then we just stopped giving it since we got tired of picking it up off the floor and cleaning. but glad to not have to rely on it.

Also, I hate the term "passy" (or is it "pacy"?). Had never heard that used before until we had a kid and everyone referred to it that way.

Got beers outdoors at a Brewery twice this past week. I forgot how good fresh draft beer could be.

lol my son has only slept for 7 hrs once in his ~ 7 months of life, which means i haven't had an uninterrupted night of sleep in 7 months

we're still in the wake up every 3-4 hrs sitch; think he may have some sinus issues compounding general fussiness

he's so cute though

I accidentally replied all to an email from our school registrar about final grades because I need to make a grade change for one student and it went out to the entire school and now I want to resign and cry.

I would like to come back to this, I have literally never once had any reason to click 'Reply All' so I don't know how this happens. Is it just a misclick? Do you have times where you actually correctly utilize 'Reply All'? Am I doing it wrong by clicking 'Reply' and just inputting who I want it to go to?

Serious question, I'm not trying to be a dick.

never been on a email with two to three other people that all need your response? much easier to just click reply all than to input each email.

also fat fingers accidentally hit reply all sometimes

I would like to come back to this, I have literally never once had any reason to click 'Reply All' so I don't know how this happens. Is it just a misclick? Do you have times where you actually correctly utilize 'Reply All'? Am I doing it wrong by clicking 'Reply' and just inputting who I want it to go to?

Serious question, I'm not trying to be a dick.

I think if you use the auto generated replies in gmail or outlook it defaults to reply all.

lol my son has only slept for 7 hrs once in his ~ 7 months of life, which means i haven't had an uninterrupted night of sleep in 7 months

we're still in the wake up every 3-4 hrs sitch; think he may have some sinus issues compounding general fussiness

he's so cute though

with a 1 and 5 yr old, i'm at year 5 on nights with 8 uninterrupted hours below a total of 50, and that's generous

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back