Page 13 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314151617182363 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 2006

Thread: Chat thread 95: old people can't hang anymore

  1. #241
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheCaptain View Post
    have you considered using the horses to haul the f350
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooner View Post
    I would like to come back to this, I have literally never once had any reason to click 'Reply All' so I don't know how this happens. Is it just a misclick? Do you have times where you actually correctly utilize 'Reply All'? Am I doing it wrong by clicking 'Reply' and just inputting who I want it to go to?

    Serious question, I'm not trying to be a dick.
    i do this when we're essentially having a group discussion over email. I use this function all the time. But I'm careful with it. unlike brasky.

  2. #242
    Quote Originally Posted by Resilient Deac View Post
    Dudes, the allergies this season are as bad as I can remember. I've had trouble breathing for over a week now and it looks like another 3-5 weeks of this shit.

    Anyone else having usually worse allergy problems this pollen season?
    HELL YES i am.

  3. #243
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungBuck95 View Post
    whoa is this true? not sure when i am making it back to WS but i will have to go here when i do. i love pizza
    IMO yes. It's the best I've ever had. Just look at that crust: https://www.instagram.com/p/CNdiR0cA4_v/

  4. #244
    Does the pizza place have decent options for people who dislike pizza?

  5. #245
    Quote Originally Posted by DeacDiggler View Post
    HELL YES i am.
    Bro it's insane. I've had allergies my whole life but never anything like this. Feels like my throat is on the verge of closing at any time.

    Glad someone can share this misery with me

  6. #246
    Quote Originally Posted by mako1331 View Post
    Does the pizza place have decent options for people who dislike pizza?
    those people don't deserve to eat

  7. #247
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungBuck95 View Post
    those people don't deserve to eat
    Guess I'm losing a quick 5-7 lbs with Beefy Biff.

  8. #248
    Quote Originally Posted by mako1331 View Post
    Does the pizza place have decent options for people who dislike pizza?
    They make top tier pasta too. Also a great roasted cauliflower app w/goat cheese. But I would give the pizza a shot (steal a slice from your Wife's plate). You won't find the regular cheese-and-topping-laden za' that you find so abhorrent here.

  9. #249
    Damn Mako. Your pizza take still is hard to accept.

  10. #250
    so mako doesn't like sex, isn't that the old CT euphemism?

  11. #251
    Quote Originally Posted by Resilient Deac View Post
    Bro it's insane. I've had allergies my whole life but never anything like this. Feels like my throat is on the verge of closing at any time.

    Glad someone can share this misery with me
    Is it that allergies are bad this year or did the covid vaccine make your body hyper immune and give you worse allergies....

  12. #252
    Shit. Don't put that in my head. I knew the Qanoners were right all along.

  13. #253
    Alright. I should probably do some work today. Chatting to delay the INEVITABLE of a soul crushing assignment.

  14. #254
    Quote Originally Posted by Deacfan2009 View Post
    IMO yes. It's the best I've ever had. Just look at that crust: https://www.instagram.com/p/CNdiR0cA4_v/
    I guess its because I'm not a foodie at all but I've never really been blown away by any pizza. Bad pizza is bad, sure. But I didn't leave Mission thinking it was particularly better than any other type of pizza i like.

    For all your West Winston types though, get some Whitaker Square Pizza in your life. Its freaking delicious, everyone I've spoken to prefers it over Burke Street, which is the other non-chain option over here.
    Last edited by BillBrasky; 04-13-2021 at 12:35 PM.

  15. #255
    I disagree with you
    ImTheCaptain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    46,119
    i love pizza but that doesn't look that great to me

  16. #256
    Quote Originally Posted by BillBrasky View Post
    I guess its because I'm not a foodie at all but I've never really been blown away by any pizza. Bad pizza is bad, sure. But I didn't leave Mission thinking it was particularly better than any other type of pizza i like.

    For all your West Winston types though, get some Whitaker Square Pizza in your life. Its freaking delicious, everyone I've spoken to prefers it over Burke Street, which is the other non-chain option over here.
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheCaptain View Post
    i love pizza but that doesn't look that great to me
    I should clarify I'm comparing it only within it's very specific style of pizza (pizza Napoletana). Comparing it to a NY Slice, or flatbread style za', or Detroit Pan Pizza is basically impossible because the outcome/goals are so different. I very much am fine with mixing it up w/Burke St every other week, so it's not the only style of pizza I'll eat and I'm not particularly snobby about there being one true way to make pizza. I just think they are doing this particular style better than anywhere else I've had.

    It's a pretty radical departure from what most people are used to with pizza, so it definitely isn't for everyone. The only reason I compare Cugino Forno to them directly is because of their marketing! The other places I've been in comparison in the US were delicious but not quite as good as Mission (rounding out the top 3 is probably Tony's in SF which is a bit of a tourist trap but I've had a few solid pizzas there, Menomale was my spot in DC for this style pizza and they are AVPN certified)

  17. #257
    my green beans & cilantro seeds are starting to sprout through the soil. still have a handful of pots i'd like to do something with. have a rather large one i might put some lettuce or other greens in.

  18. #258
    To be fair, I ate Margherita Pizza in Verona and Rome and it was solid so maybe I just dislike American style pizza.

  19. #259
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungBuck95 View Post
    my green beans & cilantro seeds are starting to sprout through the soil. still have a handful of pots i'd like to do something with. have a rather large one i might put some lettuce or other greens in.
    quick research shows it might be too late for lettuce now

  20. #260
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungBuck95 View Post
    quick research shows it might be too late for lettuce now
    You could probably transplant some seedlings.

    We did 6 Earth Boxes this year and planted:

    4 Basil
    Rosemary
    Mint

    2 Cherry Tomato

    2 Tomato

    Squash
    Zucchini

    Cucumber
    Eggplant

    2 Banana Pepper
    2 Bell Pepper
    Poblano
    Jalapeņo
    Hungry

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •