• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat thread 95: old people can't hang anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm better with dryer doughs vs. wetter doughs. I see where Juice is coming from. Give me 30 minutes of hand-kneading pasta dough all day over trying to work pizza dough into the right shape.

i'm really bad at dough-making crust tossing/rolling

just too much for my feeble mind and hands

Give that recipe I posted a shot. You just mix the ingredients until it forms a shaggy dough & then fold it a few times. And then you don’t even have to toss it. You just press it into the skillet. It calls for a 10” skillet o believe, but I use a 12”.

Give that recipe I posted a shot. You just mix the ingredients until it forms a shaggy dough & then fold it a few times. And then you don’t even have to toss it. You just press it into the skillet. It calls for a 10” skillet o believe, but I use a 12”.

yeah, that's the type of recipe for me

Kenji has nearly an identical recipe but his makes two 10” pizzas & I don’t like doing math to get it to one 12” pizza.

I'm better with dryer doughs vs. wetter doughs. I see where Juice is coming from. Give me 30 minutes of hand-kneading pasta dough all day over trying to work pizza dough into the right shape.

i will say my wife handles the actual shaping. she's even worked up to tossing it. impressive.

i can shape it alright but not nearly as well

Whenever I hear a woman moaning in a nearby car I come running.

giphy.gif

Same here - my pizza dough is usually around 55% hydration which makes it easy to work, granted I use a stand mixer so I'm not actually that hands on. For Easter I made a loaf of bread that was like 70% hydration and it threw me for a loop - had the dough sticking on everything. Bread turned out good, but it was much different working with a wet dough compared to the pizza dough I'm accustomed to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back