• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat thread 95: old people can't hang anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
although sometimes it doesn't recognize the pathogen and the whole ship gets infected with SPACE COVID and they spend 40+ minutes trying to straighten that shit out

how much of Drake's success is his capacity as cultural curator and how much is it that he just has smart people around him? because it's not his art itself that makes him appealing -- e.g. the sample and the production do 95% of the work on Nice For What

how much of Drake's success is his capacity as cultural curator and how much is it that he just has smart people around him? because it's not his art itself that makes him appealing -- e.g. the sample and the production do 95% of the work on Nice For What

Howard Becker's Art Worlds seems relevant here. Art as (always) collective action - though often overshadowed by the individual.

Becker would probably say something like you think Drake is the artist but really it's a network of people who support him that have to get mostly overlooked to produce the product and that's p much how art is made - not some dude working real hard in the studio by himself - it's down to the dude who brings him coffee every morning (that's the only specific example I remember from the text) - that guy is in the final work somewhere too

Our nanny (who is decidedly not a college senior) decided a few months ago that she'd just make my wife and I lunch (both WFH) every day because she loves cooking and is typically already making something interesting for the kiddo. So it is always a surprise to see what she'll whip up with our latest grocery order and leftovers.

Today it was a chicken salad sandwich (using leftover roast chicken we had) with a small side of nachos.

I honestly don't know what I'm going to do when the kid starts daycare next Fall and I don't have this luxury. I've grown dependent.

Honestly forget daycare. I’d love to have somebody make me lunch daily. Or just pay her to come do make lunch. Gotta find a way to keep that.

what are your favorite indoor music club venues in all the land?

the house band at this place was lit, yo

Showbiz had a way better band than Chuck E. Cheese's.

Our nanny (who is decidedly not a college senior) decided a few months ago that she'd just make my wife and I lunch (both WFH) every day because she loves cooking and is typically already making something interesting for the kiddo. So it is always a surprise to see what she'll whip up with our latest grocery order and leftovers.

Today it was a chicken salad sandwich (using leftover roast chicken we had) with a small side of nachos.

I honestly don't know what I'm going to do when the kid starts daycare next Fall and I don't have this luxury. I've grown dependent.

You both work from home and yet have a Nanny? I don't think I've ever known anyone with a Nanny. Seems snooty.

You both work from home and yet have a Nanny? I don't think I've ever known anyone with a Nanny. Seems snooty.

lol, can't watch a kid if you're actually working from home, and if all your preferred daycares are filled up to a certain date you have to fill the childcare gap somehow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back