• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat thread 95: old people can't hang anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
and for someone who thinks highly of his economic understanding, not sure how you can look at income and cost of living to see that stay-at-home parents are not financially feasible for most families, and that the unpaid labor of (mostly) mothers now being an actual household expense is not "snooty"

okay, so $16.41 plus room and board -- you want to do the math on average room rates and food expenses to finish this financial analysis?

So as long as you're providing room and board it's fine to have someone in your house wipe your kids ass when both you and your wife are in the other room?

I just heard the weirdest noise, thought it was a bird dying. Turns out that's the noise an Amazon van makes when it backs into your driveway.

palma how much do you think the daycare employees are making?

it is nice to know that plama is on the side of better wages for care work though

i feel like plama has this cycle where he mocks a thing and then hits that life milestone and then is ASD;BC about it 100%

Palma’s that guy who is like “I have a dog so I get it” when it comes to critiquing/opining on parenting but in his case it’s not even a dog it’s a pinball machine

It's OK to take advantage of others, y'all. Don't be so sensitive

the thing is that at the center of it is something worth being explored: how much people get paid for childcare and how society should care for its young

it's just, well, plama doing it [waves hands] like that

I mean the 3.3% of all families employing a nanny is kind of damning for the casual dropping on this board about nannies all the time, lots of privilege. However I don’t think anyone is arguing that a board full of Wake Forest college educated people aren’t privileged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back