• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat thread 95: old people can't hang anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
tuffalo has three kids and a flip phone, but might be the most Online of all our 2009/10 friends

He's our slack mako, bringing hot food takes (e.g. chocolate milk in coffee) and urgent news updates about obscure topics (e.g. Rugby league drama) at 5am.

He's our slack mako, bringing hot food takes (e.g. chocolate milk in coffee) and urgent news updates about obscure topics (e.g. Rugby league drama) at 5am.

I'm gonna try chocolate milk in coffee now.

tenor.gif

I thought Slack was just for work, didn't know people used it socially

Someone needs to win the communication wars so I don’t need to be on slack, zoom, teams, Skype, WhatsApp, signal, and until banned WeChat.

I thought Slack was just for work, didn't know people used it socially

It's pretty great vs. the alternative (large group text or something). Free plan is pretty limiting in terms of search history but you don't really need that for mostly real time chats with friends.

It's pretty great vs. the alternative (large group text or something). Free plan is pretty limiting in terms of search history but you don't really need that for mostly real time chats with friends.
Unless you need to settle an argument about what shit was talked specifically about what soccer player years before!

what are the benefits? I guess group text chains have served me well.

Unless you need to settle an argument about what shit was talked specifically about what soccer player years before!

That's true. Technically the data is actually all there though! I could export and run searches for you if you really need it

what are the benefits? I guess group text chains have served me well.

Multiple channels for grouping topics/chats (e.g. we've got a booze channel, several sports specific channels, a work-talk channel etc.). Everyone gets the same experience regardless of smart phone choice (vs. android and ioS group texts fucking up in all sorts of ways). Better emoji/reaction/thread support. Easy to access on any computer if you're not a smart phone user. Lots of notification controls. Really easy to spin up quick one-off channels/DMS for temporary events (e.g. bachelor party planning)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back