• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat thread 95: old people can't hang anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to be bottom 1% for drawing. At least for healthy people my age with fully functioning brain and limbs. The same for folding laundry. I can’t even fold a towel.

I'm terrible with phone numbers, addresses, and ZIP codes. I'm coming up on 6 years with the same company, and I have absolutely no idea what my work phone number is, what our street address is, and what ZIP code we are in. Unless I really commit to focusing on something like a phone number, it just doesn't register with me at all.

I'd say drawing and cutting with scissors. I am great with my knife skills imo but if I need to use scissors for a non-kitchen task it looks like a 2-year old did it.

I am bottom 1% in appreciating a fine wine, appreciating blue cheese, and liking olives.

Anything art related. I can't draw anything beyond stick figures and the fancy block "S" everyone draws in grade school.

Anything art related. I can't draw anything beyond stick figures and the fancy block "S" everyone draws in grade school.

yeah that S ruled, and I have the initials SS so drew that a lot on all my folders and such.

I am so bad at drawing. and even when I envision something in my head that I think is doable within my limited skillset, it still comes out about 20x worse.

I'm bottom 1% in capability to learn to speak a foreign language. I tried Spanish for years and was miserable at speaking it. I was thankfully fine with reading/writing, so I could pass Spanish classes, but when it came to conversational Spanish I can barely string the words together in my head and my pronunciation was always garbage

I'm in the bottom 1% of showing empathy to butthurt soccer fans today, this is glorious.

seems like the average futball fan would really dig darts and bowling so i just don't get the antagonism

Apparently you’re bottom 1% of reading comprehension

giphy.gif

Half of these "bottom 1%er" comments are just humble brags about something you think you're good at

Holy shit, I just checked my credit and it's the lowest it's ever been since right after college. Like, it's really not good. I guess paying off two mortgages in a month (one house sale, one refi) really fucks you to the tune of like 75 points. I know it's been discussed 1000x on the boards, but damn the credit system in this country is out of whack.

I think my bottom 1% is retaining information, like for example if someone gave me directions to get to a certain place, I'd forget everything up to the last two or three steps. If a loved one ever got kidnapped and I got some complex instructions about where to drop off the ransom money, that person would be screwed.

Also, when someone explains some type of layout that I can't physically see, I have a hard time visualizing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back