• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat thread 95: old people can't hang anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t think of anything I would be anywhere close to the bottom 1% of.

Holy shit, I just checked my credit and it's the lowest it's ever been since right after college. Like, it's really not good. I guess paying off two mortgages in a month (one house sale, one refi) really fucks you to the tune of like 75 points. I know it's been discussed 1000x on the boards, but damn the credit system in this country is out of whack.

Do you have something where you just like have one credit card, and it's got a $5,000 limit, and you use most of that limit each month? Something with either your average age of accounts or average usage must have gotten out of whack with the mortgages off of it.

Last time I played tennis was probably at Sugar Crack apartments and we got interrupted by someone shooting at us with a BB gun from the neighboring apartment complex. Need to join that country club life so I can resume my tennis career without the risk of being shot.

the fact that I don't know how to answer that question should tell you a lot

I think I'm a 3.5 moving toward a 4.0 -- pretty comfortable with my forehand and a good enough first serve; second serve and backhand are weak; I'm tall and long-armed, so I try to work my way to the net and feel comfortable there

I'm trying to take things a little seriously for the first time, so looking to up my equipment, maybe take a couple lessons, maybe find a 3.5 or 4.0 tournament once a year or so

hard part is finding the right people to play with to get better

Hrmmm, I can rent a 3BR apartment now at Sugar Creek for only $200 more than what we paid for it 20 years ago. What's this inflation errrybody is talkin about?

Do you have something where you just like have one credit card, and it's got a $5,000 limit, and you use most of that limit each month? Something with either your average age of accounts or average usage must have gotten out of whack with the mortgages off of it.

Nah, nothing like that at all. But within 3 months, we paid off two mortgages, got another (refi), and bought a car (part financed), so I'm assuming it's average age based. Probably should have spaced things out a bit, but couldn't pass up the 2.5% 30 year rate and then my car got totaled.

in my experience, anybody looking at your credit -- like underwriting based on it -- isn't looking at the score much, but is looking at your actual debt and payment history to assess your borrowing capacity

Nah, nothing like that at all. But within 3 months, we paid off two mortgages, got another (refi), and bought a car (part financed), so I'm assuming it's average age based. Probably should have spaced things out a bit, but couldn't pass up the 2.5% 30 year rate and then my car got totaled.

Yeah, 75 point drop would surprise me based on that stuff too. I paid off a car recently and it dropped my score like 3 points. So it's going to be an average age + going from probably 0 inquiries to at least 2. 30 point drop would seem normalish, not sure 75 unless you were coming from like 850 to start.

the fact that I don't know how to answer that question should tell you a lot

I think I'm a 3.5 moving toward a 4.0 -- pretty comfortable with my forehand and a good enough first serve; second serve and backhand are weak; I'm tall and long-armed, so I try to work my way to the net and feel comfortable there

I'm trying to take things a little seriously for the first time, so looking to up my equipment, maybe take a couple lessons, maybe find a 3.5 or 4.0 tournament once a year or so

hard part is finding the right people to play with to get better

Word, sounds like you’ve got a pretty good handle on it. Finding the right racket will definitely pay dividends as you look to get better but probably will have some growing pains.

Yo WRS have you been to bull city solera yet? Got their chalkboard special tonight which is sliced pork loin with cacio e pepe fettuccine inside the burrito and it is pretty buckwild.

Last time I played tennis was probably at Sugar Crack apartments and we got interrupted by someone shooting at us with a BB gun from the neighboring apartment complex. Need to join that country club life so I can resume my tennis career without the risk of being shot.

Nah. According to DeacPops shit like that only happens in liberal shitholes like CA.

Yo WRS have you been to bull city solera yet? Got their chalkboard special tonight which is sliced pork loin with cacio e pepe fettuccine inside the burrito and it is pretty buckwild.

Wut that sounds crazy. Haven’t been there yet, that’s the new place from the Bull City Burger folks right? I worked in University Tower for a bit before we moved offices (and now covid obviously) and there’s some decent stuff going in over there.

Wow. I am so intrigued.

I’m in the bottom 1% at controlling my emotions on these message boards when I’m upset about something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back