Page 5 of 101 FirstFirst 123456789101555 ... LastLast

Thread: Chat thread 95: old people can't hang anymore

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Quote Originally Posted by stugotz View Post
    yeah, another buddy of mine is doing that and I'm jealous. I have such strange requirements for a house (Need square footage but not a ton of bedrooms, space for pool/pingpong/pinball machines/golf simulator) that I'm really leaning towards just finding some land/tear down and building it. A big part of the costs are architect fees and I might be able to get a significant discount on that from work + use someone from work to oversee the contractor.

So been thinking/looking about getting a construction loan. Or I could just move back to the east coast.
    Just practice what you preach and get a ton of land outside of Cheyenne or Billings and vote Democrat.

Quote Originally Posted by WFcatamount22 View Post
    Iím going out on the lake. This leaderboard is weak af.
    The Dustin Johnson plan. I like it.

Mako and/or TSY, if youíre comfortable, how much land do you have that youíre farming?
    Hungry

Quote Originally Posted by DeaconCav06 View Post
    Mako and/or TSY, if youíre comfortable, how much land do you have that youíre farming?
    75 acres. ~14 tobacco/wheat rotation with a potato bumper every other year. ~30 pasture/forage. 30 loblolly pine (soon to be more pasture/forage). There's 30 acres next to me that's probably going to get added to the fold within the next two years.

Taking it by force. NICE

Sheikh of Smoke
    Morning CT!

Sheikh of Smoke
    Roughly 45 acres. I currently own 7 that my house is on, the rest is currently owned by my grandmother and father. 26 acres are loblolly pines, 11 acres are in river bottoms as pasture, and an addition 15 acres are what I am working to put the additional animals on. I'd love to eventually expand, but we're landlocked. On one side there's land owned by my cousins and uncles, and the other is 350 acres that Richard Childress bought a few years back and turned into a hunting preserve for Austin and Ty.

Last three monday puzzles Iíve finished in 4:20-4:40 range. My PR for Monday is 4:03. Would love to break that 4 minute mark one day.

i got hung up on 48A today and it stalled me. 8:04. Very slow for a Monday. (PB is 4:24).

I donít think Iíve ever completed a crossword puzzle.
    Birds are real.

Quote Originally Posted by tsywake View Post
    History of arrhythmia by chance? Definitely grt that checked out. Scary shit.
    I had a couple of a-fib episodes a few years back, but luckily never fainted. I dealt with it the first time for like a week before finally going into the doctor, who was mostly like "wait wtf you drove here by yourself?"

Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    I still donít know or care who Carey Mulligan is though. Pleasantly surprised there doesnít seem to much outrage about Kid Cudiís second performance.
    oh man, Mulligan is great. one of my favorite actresses over the past decade or so. An Education was phenomenal, as was Never Let Me Go. She was also great in Pride and Prejudice, had quietly brilliant supporting roles in Drive and Inside Llewyn Davis, and managed to avoid getting consumed by the grandiosity of Luhrmann's Gatsby.

I still haven't seen Promising Young Woman, but I've heard really good things

I've got a little over 15 at my place, and then down the road a stretch I've got around 50 of family land that we inherited from my grandfather that I am the primary caretaker of, although my dad and brother help out occasionally. My father in law is the actual farmer in the family and has over 120, over half of which is pasture land for hay or cattle, depending on the season and what he feels like devoting his time to. I work as much on his farm as I do on my stuff.

I accidentally replied all to an email from our school registrar about final grades because I need to make a grade change for one student and it went out to the entire school and now I want to resign and cry.

boomer achievement unlocked
    semi-aquatic like otters be.

Quote Originally Posted by BillBrasky View Post
    I accidentally replied all to an email from our school registrar about final grades because I need to make a grade change for one student and it went out to the entire school and now I want to resign and cry.
    Hahaha. Youíre that person. You know everyone in your school is judging you now.

Quote Originally Posted by mako1331 View Post
    Hahaha. Youíre that person. You know everyone in your school is judging you now.
    Oh 100%

Just boatloads of shame right now

Our nanny is a senior in college and sent my wife a bunch of dates of exams where she is unavailable. Apparently, today was one of the dates and it didnít make it into the calendar and we didnít realize it until my wife was already at her office. Iím ready for him to get a spot at daycare.
    Hungry

Our nanny is a senior in college
    niiiice

Quote Originally Posted by DeacDiggler View Post
    i got hung up on 48A today and it stalled me. 8:04. Very slow for a Monday. (PB is 4:24).
    I feel like the faster I try to go, the more typos I make and then waste even more time finding them. So I settle in at pretty much a 6:30 pace for Mondayís now with the occasional sub 6 even though I donít have any trouble with the clues.