• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat thread 95: old people can't hang anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s not gloss over the fact that consulting and related gigs suck for the nearly everyone involved in the process on both sides of the engagement, let alone the collateral damage experienced by WRS.

Hard and fast deadlines for twenty year old know nothings set by superiors afraid to piss off their own superiors who are too afraid to push back on timeline demands of the client, whose personnel are overworked trying to pull double duty in performing their day job and participating in the engagement, whose conclusions will be obvious and whose final deliverables will be read by no one.

Especially if you get a workaholic gunner involved at any step of that process then clear your calendars.

my best boss was a broad, she gave me like a $25k raise and promotion too

Sorry to hear that, that's gotta be rough. I feel like Wake should do a better job telling potential Tribble majors of the risks involved.

Of course Biff is completely MIA when we actually need him to opine on the trials and tribulations of upper middle class white society.

You should definitely go do whatever you want. I'm leisure traveling one week per month for the forseeable future.

Let’s not gloss over the fact that consulting and related gigs suck for the nearly everyone involved in the process on both sides of the engagement, let alone the collateral damage experienced by WRS.

Yeah I mean I know people who work in BIG CONSULTING and it most definitely is a shitty work/life situation. This is definitely a more boutique situation and a lot of the overworking is self-inflicted but it’s whatever. Her choice.

speaking of #CLIENTS, whatever happened to WakeGal? is she serving time for killing her MIL?

I guess I don't count it as vacation if I'm working much of the morning and evening and a little bit of the daytime

you learned a shiny new word from fox news and just can't stop using it as a catch all insult when your feewings are hurt because i attacked your selfishness and FREEDOMS. bravo!

cdc says even vaccinated there is still transmission potential. therefore less travel = less risk. and as townie says per cdc limit travel to what's required. that's it. common sense and care about getting this shit under control. some countries did from the beginning.

wrs, fair enough about special circumstances being in place. and as i said, you don't care about my snarky opinion.

This is why the Tunnels and CT don't mix well. I haven't watched a minute of Fox News as a non-joke in maybe 10 years?

And as Barca asked, where the hell are you living that is still fully "locked down" with no potential for you to get the vaccine? At the very least, you can proactively try to schedule it for 5/1 or later.

I'm not seeing anything about limiting travel to "required" or "mandatory" travel from the CDC's own site. In fact I'm seeing the below, highlighted in yellow:

People who are fully vaccinated with an FDA-authorized vaccine can travel safely within the United States

I guess I don't count it as vacation if I'm working much of the morning and evening and a little bit of the daytime

Do you work at all on vacations?

We staff things pretty leanly so if something comes up while I’m away there really isn’t anybody under me to handle it. I’m hoping we hire somebody pretty soon to alleviate that issue.

Yeah, I have vacations where I'm still working, vacations where I don't work unless I absolutely have to, and vacations where I'm basically unreachable, such as when I'm in Italy.

Do you work at all on vacations?

We staff things pretty leanly so if something comes up while I’m away there really isn’t anybody under me to handle it. I’m hoping we hire somebody pretty soon to alleviate that issue.

if it's vacation then i don't work

i do work remote sometimes at less than 100%, but that's not vacation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back