• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat thread 95: old people can't hang anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
diggs, can a kid that got wailisted at App even get into to CU-Boulder out of state?

We're reading Oedipus in class and the kid I've assigned the titular role has decided to read it in a spot on Morgan Freeman impersonation and days like today are why I am glad I became a teacher.

the only cooking-related buttons you need on a microwave are add 30 seconds and start/stop

let's call it button classic

On what was supposed to be a busy and productive morning of work, I literally just spent the last 90 minutes reading the entire chat just before this one. I had stopped reading for a couple of days and it just snowballed. So now I have to slog through this one, as well.

It's really annoying when there's a post on like page 30 of a 101 page closed chat thread that is just begging for me to reply 2 weeks later. So much content trapped inside me that will never see the light of day.

diggs, can a kid that got wailisted at App even get into to CU-Boulder out of state?

Out of state tuition probably gets you into any non-competitive state school. I also like how schools are described as selective, acceptance rate 78%, sounds pretty unselective.

I guess my understanding of out-of-state admissions is heavily colored by UNC which admits what is probably a lower percentage of out-of-state kids than most, or at least has a much lower acceptance rate

I guess I figured UC-Boulder would get the best in-state kids going to state schools and its location would make it competitive for out of state rich kids

On what was supposed to be a busy and productive morning of work, I literally just spent the last 90 minutes reading the entire chat just before this one. I had stopped reading for a couple of days and it just snowballed. So now I have to slog through this one, as well.

It's really annoying when there's a post on like page 30 of a 101 page closed chat thread that is just begging for me to reply 2 weeks later. So much content trapped inside me that will never see the light of day.

it's okay

we'll talk about the exact same thing in a month or two

we talked about him moving to colorado and working as a ski bum for a couple of years to get in-state tuition, but I reminded him that he's not guaranteed admission in-state and that he might end up at Colorado State or CU-Colorado Springs. I think he was a little nervous about being that far from home on his own (so was I) so ultimately decided App was a good idea. He can move to Colorado after college if he wants.

at least you are able to skip the chat in mafia. that shortens this up a bit.

pretty much all of mountainous Colorado is beautiful - the eastern part of the state might as well be kansas

the only cooking-related buttons you need on a microwave are add 30 seconds and start/stop

let's call it button classic

1 good reference
2 mostly agree tho i do use the timer function all the time when cooking

pretty much all of mountainous Colorado is beautiful - the eastern part of the state might as well be kansas

yeah it's a bigtime scam that they bill themselves as the Rocky Mountain State when half of it is anything but. the second you head east from Denver you're in Kansas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back