• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat thread 95: old people can't hang anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
I accidentally replied all to an email from our school registrar about final grades because I need to make a grade change for one student and it went out to the entire school and now I want to resign and cry.

Good or bad change?

I accidentally replied all to an email from our school registrar about final grades because I need to make a grade change for one student and it went out to the entire school and now I want to resign and cry.

i did this when my son's kindergarten teacher sent out an email to the whole class (i blame gmail as i just clicked one of the auto responses and didn't realize it i guess defaulted to reply all?) and then parents started replying directly to me only confirming their email addresses and i had to keep forwarding them to the teacher and i wanted to just pull him out and homeschool after that. i still wake up in a cold sweat sometimes thinking about it.

replying all sucks, but people should be better about BCC'ing so this shit doesn't happen

Good or bad change?

Good change. I set up a custom online course so that my kids who were behind could hammer out makeup work during the last week of the quarter, and somehow missed the work that one kid submitted. It raised his grade from a 68 to a 81.

We had a mom reply all to the principal, all the teachers, and parents for the whole grade requesting that her child not be placed with "Student X" for the following grade and went on to explain that while they enjoy the company of the family socially, that during the school day their kid was preventing their own kid from progressing academically as well as they would like. I have no idea how she walked that one back.

We had a mom reply all to the principal, all the teachers, and parents for the whole grade requesting that her child not be placed with "Student X" for the following grade and went on to explain that while they enjoy the company of the family socially, that during the school day their kid was preventing their own kid from progressing academically as well as they would like. I have no idea how she walked that one back.

Holy shit that is great.

Yeah, I read it three times and looked at the adressees to see if what I thought had just happened, had actually happened.

A minute later I started getting texts about it.

Since I live for spite and out of principle, for the shitty neighbors that moved in behind my house that have kept clearing trees to provide light for their garden, despite the fact they are clearing trees due north, would a fair proposition be they help pay for a 6ft privacy fence or they don’t and I will put up an 8ft privacy fence and plant a row of hybrid poplar.

6 feet isn't high enough for true privacy and you're going to want to plant vegetation that's at least 12' to 15' tall anyway to hide the fence.

Since I live for spite and out of principle, for the shitty neighbors that moved in behind my house that have kept clearing trees to provide light for their garden, despite the fact they are clearing trees due north, would a fair proposition be they help pay for a 6ft privacy fence or they don’t and I will put up an 8ft privacy fence and plant a row of hybrid poplar.

plant some bamboo and you can colonize their entire property

I thought of that but don’t want it to colonize my yard, so maybe offset fence with bamboo on the opposite side.

The Ginger Assassin! Not done in 30 years

You know, they say that it makes sense to come out of college early so you can get to the second NBA contract sooner and make more money. But Chris Paul has been in the league for 16 seasons now and really should have played that third season at Wake.

I'd rather pay for the fence 100% then have to deal with the neighbor every time it needed a repair/replacement.

So, I've got a 2003 ford F350, for hauling horses and boats (It is wildly anti-conservationist, I know). It's in the shop because it would not reverse and it seemed to be having trouble shift out of 2nd gear. The shop called today to say that the transmission is dying and a new one will cost a lot. Is there any point in getting a second opinion on the needed repairs or cost?

So, I've got a 2003 ford F350, for hauling horses and boats (It is wildly anti-conservationist, I know). It's in the shop because it would not reverse and it seemed to be having trouble shift out of 2nd gear. The shop called today to say that the transmission is dying and a new one will cost a lot. Is there any point in getting a second opinion on the needed repairs or cost?

Won't cost you anything but a few minutes of time to call another shop or two and get an estimate on a transmission replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back