Page 6 of 101 FirstFirst 12345678910111656 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 2006

Thread: Chat thread 95: old people can't hang anymore

  1. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by BillBrasky View Post
    I accidentally replied all to an email from our school registrar about final grades because I need to make a grade change for one student and it went out to the entire school and now I want to resign and cry.
    Good or bad change?

  2. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by BillBrasky View Post
    I accidentally replied all to an email from our school registrar about final grades because I need to make a grade change for one student and it went out to the entire school and now I want to resign and cry.
    i did this when my son's kindergarten teacher sent out an email to the whole class (i blame gmail as i just clicked one of the auto responses and didn't realize it i guess defaulted to reply all?) and then parents started replying directly to me only confirming their email addresses and i had to keep forwarding them to the teacher and i wanted to just pull him out and homeschool after that. i still wake up in a cold sweat sometimes thinking about it.

  3. #103
    replying all sucks, but people should be better about BCC'ing so this shit doesn't happen

  4. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungBuck95 View Post
    Good or bad change?
    Good change. I set up a custom online course so that my kids who were behind could hammer out makeup work during the last week of the quarter, and somehow missed the work that one kid submitted. It raised his grade from a 68 to a 81.

  5. #105
    We had a mom reply all to the principal, all the teachers, and parents for the whole grade requesting that her child not be placed with "Student X" for the following grade and went on to explain that while they enjoy the company of the family socially, that during the school day their kid was preventing their own kid from progressing academically as well as they would like. I have no idea how she walked that one back.

  6. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by BiffTannen View Post
    We had a mom reply all to the principal, all the teachers, and parents for the whole grade requesting that her child not be placed with "Student X" for the following grade and went on to explain that while they enjoy the company of the family socially, that during the school day their kid was preventing their own kid from progressing academically as well as they would like. I have no idea how she walked that one back.
    Holy shit that is great.

  7. #107
    Yeah, I read it three times and looked at the adressees to see if what I thought had just happened, had actually happened.

    A minute later I started getting texts about it.

  8. #108
    Checking out new underwear on Amazon.

    https://www.amazon.com/Ouruikia-Unde...%2C287&sr=8-18

  9. #109
    Since I live for spite and out of principle, for the shitty neighbors that moved in behind my house that have kept clearing trees to provide light for their garden, despite the fact they are clearing trees due north, would a fair proposition be they help pay for a 6ft privacy fence or they donít and I will put up an 8ft privacy fence and plant a row of hybrid poplar.

  10. #110
    6 feet isn't high enough for true privacy and you're going to want to plant vegetation that's at least 12' to 15' tall anyway to hide the fence.

  11. #111
    I disagree with you
    ImTheCaptain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    46,119
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis Gossett Jr View Post
    Since I live for spite and out of principle, for the shitty neighbors that moved in behind my house that have kept clearing trees to provide light for their garden, despite the fact they are clearing trees due north, would a fair proposition be they help pay for a 6ft privacy fence or they donít and I will put up an 8ft privacy fence and plant a row of hybrid poplar.
    plant some bamboo and you can colonize their entire property

  12. #112
    I thought of that but donít want it to colonize my yard, so maybe offset fence with bamboo on the opposite side.

  13. #113
    The Ginger Assassin! Not done in 30 years


  14. #114
    You know, they say that it makes sense to come out of college early so you can get to the second NBA contract sooner and make more money. But Chris Paul has been in the league for 16 seasons now and really should have played that third season at Wake.

  15. #115
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis Gossett Jr View Post
    Since I live for spite and out of principle, for the shitty neighbors that moved in behind my house that have kept clearing trees to provide light for their garden, despite the fact they are clearing trees due north, would a fair proposition be they help pay for a 6ft privacy fence or they donít and I will put up an 8ft privacy fence and plant a row of hybrid poplar.
    I'd rather pay for the fence 100% then have to deal with the neighbor every time it needed a repair/replacement.

  16. #116
    So, I've got a 2003 ford F350, for hauling horses and boats (It is wildly anti-conservationist, I know). It's in the shop because it would not reverse and it seemed to be having trouble shift out of 2nd gear. The shop called today to say that the transmission is dying and a new one will cost a lot. Is there any point in getting a second opinion on the needed repairs or cost?
    Birds are real.

  17. #117
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    So, I've got a 2003 ford F350, for hauling horses and boats (It is wildly anti-conservationist, I know). It's in the shop because it would not reverse and it seemed to be having trouble shift out of 2nd gear. The shop called today to say that the transmission is dying and a new one will cost a lot. Is there any point in getting a second opinion on the needed repairs or cost?
    https://247sports.com/college/north-...ckyard-103768/

  18. #118
    I disagree with you
    ImTheCaptain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    46,119
    have you considered using the horses to haul the f350

  19. #119
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheCaptain View Post
    have you considered using the horses to haul the f350
    This is the kind of outside the box thinking I was hoping to get from the chat thread.
    Birds are real.

  20. #120
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    So, I've got a 2003 ford F350, for hauling horses and boats (It is wildly anti-conservationist, I know). It's in the shop because it would not reverse and it seemed to be having trouble shift out of 2nd gear. The shop called today to say that the transmission is dying and a new one will cost a lot. Is there any point in getting a second opinion on the needed repairs or cost?
    Won't cost you anything but a few minutes of time to call another shop or two and get an estimate on a transmission replacement.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •