• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat thread 95: old people can't hang anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean I know my iPhone is listening to me. One time in the before times I was talking to a coworker who was trying to remember the name of something and I said, oh, the Smokey Mtn Railroad. 10 mins later I open Instagram on my phone and first post is a fucking ad for that.

Steve Wozniak, on private data: “I’m worried about everything. I don’t think we can stop it though.”

Just read all of the posts about nanny-shaming. I used to feel like a nanny was a ridiculous thing, but with multiple kids and two working parents, it can make a lot of sense.

We chose to have my wife stay home to take care of our kids, but I can't hate on families where both parents want to work. A nanny just wasn't for us.

As an aside, we have cleaners (two people) that comes once a month and my wife straight up has to leave the house because I think she feels so guilty about being at the house when they are there cleaning. She'd deny that statement, but I feel pretty confident I'm right. I was against hiring them for so long, but they do a better job and complain a lot less. And if they did complain, it'd be in Spanish anyway so I wouldn't understand.

Mine is mostly my kids, my smokin' hot wife, and pictures of me traveling.

I've been following you for months and the content is pretty sparse, TBH. I mean, I don't think I've actually posted anything on IG for 2-3 years... But that's because my wife posts like 5+ stories a day. What is your excuse?

But I only look at IG like once a week, so maybe I'm missing all of the good stuff.

Maybe we'll get a good pic for IG on Saturday.

I've been following you for months and the content is pretty sparse, TBH. I mean, I don't think I've actually posted anything on IG for 2-3 years... But that's because my wife posts like 5+ stories a day. What is your excuse?

But I only look at IG like once a week, so maybe I'm missing all of the good stuff.

I posted for the first time in months the other day just so my wife wouldn’t call me out for going ghost and then posting our Tough Mudder pics.

Can’t wait to follow your wife.

why would you feel guilty unless you're underpaying someone?

She feels guilty because she doesn't work and could probably do a "deep clean" once a month if she really wanted to. I don't have any guilt... I agree with you. It's payment for a service.

Anyone ever gone to Atlanta from the triad thru Asheville? That’s the route I’m leaning toward tomorrow. I’d like some scenery over just nonstop interstate.

Anyone ever gone to Atlanta from the triad thru Asheville? That’s the route I’m leaning toward tomorrow. I’d like some scenery over just nonstop interstate.

yeah you can head out 40 then go through Waynesville, Franklin, etc then pop into GA and go through Gainesville to 985 and hit 85 that way

She feels guilty because she doesn't work and could probably do a "deep clean" once a month if she really wanted to. I don't have any guilt... I agree with you. It's payment for a service.

Woah, your wife doesn't work and she's got a housekeeper? Wake Forest is awesome.

yeah you can head out 40 then go through Waynesville, Franklin, etc then pop into GA and go through Gainesville to 985 and hit 85 that way

that adds at least 2 hours to the drive right? maybe 3?

that adds at least 2 hours to the drive right? maybe 3?

well I can't speak about from Mako's point of origin, but checking Google Maps rn, it would be 7 mins quicker from my house to downtown Atl by going this way vs 26, cutting through Greenville and 85.

I spent an hour cleaning up last night so the cleaning lady could come today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back