• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat thread 95: old people can't hang anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading the past few pages and having spoken with all of our friends with kids, I'm glad that schools don't factor into where I live.

Bro, I asked a student about their On Cloud running shoes on during lunch and had a conversation about buying a pair for my wife and then an ad for On Cloud women's running shoes popped up on my instagram and now I'm terrified.

It's a complicated problem, for sure.

I'm a free market guy, so I hesitate to think the state is the solution here. I have no problem with people "voting with their feet" by leaving areas that aren't what they want them to be. But I also recognize what it leaves behind for those that aren't able to relocate on a whim.

But I can definitely concede that "the state" failed in our old school district. They built a beautiful brand new school on the edge of our neighborhood a few years ago and then drew the lines in such a way that it only pulled from the less desirable areas (aside from 2-3 streets in our neighborhood that literally bordered the school), while leaving our overcrowded and old school basically unchanged... Mostly because parents lost their shit about potentially having to go to the new school. You can see the impact when looking at home prices on those 2-3 streets that went over to the new school... They have seen significantly less appreciation over the last few years (and in some cases have lost value). It all made zero sense. You're left with a brand new school in a nice neighborhood where they bus in mostly poor hispanic children and a tiny old school that is falling apart for the white/black/Asian/Indian kids from families with money.

That is an unusual attitude for wealthy parents. I would expect them to want their kids in the brand new school with everything up to date, new HVAC, the latest technology and good teachers who want to be in a new facility. Then let the poorer kids be bused to the old, dilapidated school building. That is how I have seen it play out many times.

Consider the worst diarrhea you've ever had. Now imagine that you intentionally caused it by intentionally drinking something that tasted awful.

like this new beer https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/you-can-taste-climate-change-in-this-awful-beer/

Want to make beer drinkers more conscious of climate change?

Give them a foul-tasting brew and call it the future of America's favorite fermented beverage.

That's what New Belgium Brewing Co.—maker of Fat Tire Amber Ale and Voodoo Ranger IPA—did last week with its release of Torched Earth, a limited-edition ale brewed from smoke-tainted water, dandelions and drought-tolerant grains.

Bro, I asked a student about their On Cloud running shoes on during lunch and had a conversation about buying a pair for my wife and then an ad for On Cloud women's running shoes popped up on my instagram and now I'm terrified.

Its likely been there before, you just noticed it now because it was on your radar. I have this convo a lot with people, the number of people that would have to be involved in keeping it quiet that they are serving ads that way would be huge. Its the same idea as you buying a new car and then seeing 100s of those cars everywhere on road - they were always there, your brain was just not paying attention to it.

Its likely been there before, you just noticed it now because it was on your radar. I have this convo a lot with people, the number of people that would have to be involved in keeping it quiet that they are serving ads that way would be huge. Its the same idea as you buying a new car and then seeing 100s of those cars everywhere on road - they were always there, your brain was just not paying attention to it.

no way

ads are frequently too specific for this to be true

i'll vouch for the shoes. pretty comfy.

Mako you telling me you didn't google or visit On Cloud's website in the last month or so? Couple that with Mother's day and we've got a perfectly reasonable explanation

Look at this huge-ass duck !

Like, logically, I get where you're coming from. But there's no way Google isn't actively using the microphones in our pockets to do this. Straight up.

wonder how big his corkscrew dick is

PCH-Grill-Character-Buffet-031.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back