• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat thread 95: old people can't hang anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
have you considered using the horses to haul the f350

I would like to come back to this, I have literally never once had any reason to click 'Reply All' so I don't know how this happens. Is it just a misclick? Do you have times where you actually correctly utilize 'Reply All'? Am I doing it wrong by clicking 'Reply' and just inputting who I want it to go to?

Serious question, I'm not trying to be a dick.

i do this when we're essentially having a group discussion over email. I use this function all the time. But I'm careful with it. unlike brasky.

Dudes, the allergies this season are as bad as I can remember. I've had trouble breathing for over a week now and it looks like another 3-5 weeks of this shit.

Anyone else having usually worse allergy problems this pollen season?

HELL YES i am.

Does the pizza place have decent options for people who dislike pizza?

Does the pizza place have decent options for people who dislike pizza?

They make top tier pasta too. Also a great roasted cauliflower app w/goat cheese. But I would give the pizza a shot (steal a slice from your Wife's plate). You won't find the regular cheese-and-topping-laden za' that you find so abhorrent here.

Bro it's insane. I've had allergies my whole life but never anything like this. Feels like my throat is on the verge of closing at any time.

Glad someone can share this misery with me

Is it that allergies are bad this year or did the covid vaccine make your body hyper immune and give you worse allergies....:tinfoilhat:

Shit. Don't put that in my head. I knew the Qanoners were right all along.

Alright. I should probably do some work today. Chatting to delay the INEVITABLE of a soul crushing assignment.

IMO yes. It's the best I've ever had. Just look at that crust: https://www.instagram.com/p/CNdiR0cA4_v/

I guess its because I'm not a foodie at all but I've never really been blown away by any pizza. Bad pizza is bad, sure. But I didn't leave Mission thinking it was particularly better than any other type of pizza i like.

For all your West Winston types though, get some Whitaker Square Pizza in your life. Its freaking delicious, everyone I've spoken to prefers it over Burke Street, which is the other non-chain option over here.

Last edited:
I guess its because I'm not a foodie at all but I've never really been blown away by any pizza. Bad pizza is bad, sure. But I didn't leave Mission thinking it was particularly better than any other type of pizza i like.

For all your West Winston types though, get some Whitaker Square Pizza in your life. Its freaking delicious, everyone I've spoken to prefers it over Burke Street, which is the other non-chain option over here.

i love pizza but that doesn't look that great to me

I should clarify I'm comparing it only within it's very specific style of pizza (pizza Napoletana). Comparing it to a NY Slice, or flatbread style za', or Detroit Pan Pizza is basically impossible because the outcome/goals are so different. I very much am fine with mixing it up w/Burke St every other week, so it's not the only style of pizza I'll eat and I'm not particularly snobby about there being one true way to make pizza. I just think they are doing this particular style better than anywhere else I've had.

It's a pretty radical departure from what most people are used to with pizza, so it definitely isn't for everyone. The only reason I compare Cugino Forno to them directly is because of their marketing! The other places I've been in comparison in the US were delicious but not quite as good as Mission (rounding out the top 3 is probably Tony's in SF which is a bit of a tourist trap but I've had a few solid pizzas there, Menomale was my spot in DC for this style pizza and they are AVPN certified)

my green beans & cilantro seeds are starting to sprout through the soil. still have a handful of pots i'd like to do something with. have a rather large one i might put some lettuce or other greens in.

To be fair, I ate Margherita Pizza in Verona and Rome and it was solid so maybe I just dislike American style pizza.

my green beans & cilantro seeds are starting to sprout through the soil. still have a handful of pots i'd like to do something with. have a rather large one i might put some lettuce or other greens in.

quick research shows it might be too late for lettuce now

quick research shows it might be too late for lettuce now

You could probably transplant some seedlings.

We did 6 Earth Boxes this year and planted:

4 Basil
Rosemary
Mint

2 Cherry Tomato

2 Tomato

Squash
Zucchini

Cucumber
Eggplant

2 Banana Pepper
2 Bell Pepper