• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat thread 95: old people can't hang anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tsy I think I might’ve asked you this last year when you started, but don’t remember. Do you move your coop?
The large one, no. However we have a smaller one for the meat birds that we'll move daily.

We just ordered the portable electric fence, and this summer will build an open air milennium feathernet coop which we will move every few days. We'll then turn our existing coop into a brooding coop and place to overwinter the laying hens.

Respect for one's elders is a hulluva drug.

tenor.gif

I see there’s now a conspiracy theory that a fake RJ Facebook account posted shit about cookout, i really hope Biff made it happen, and if he did make him a real mod.

I know rj was legit hacked on here, but I’m very skeptical of his FB being hacked. Claiming you were hacked is the classic defense people use when they get called out for posting something inflammatory on social media.

Yes. The design is based off a Carolina Coop, and I patterned it after a guy on YouTube. It's called the predator proof chicken coop and I believe his channel is called BlueLine. I'll warn you, it's pricy. Mine cost like 3k, but I also dug 3ft footing and ran electricity with metal roofing that matched our house. There are definitely ways to cut costs, but unfortunately the cost of lumber is sky high at the moment.

Looks like we finally got clarity on how much we raised for the last OGBoards fundraiser.

Looks like we finally got clarity on how much we raised for the last OGBoards fundraiser.
That is legit funny. Kudos!

The fundraising deets are posted on the Technical Support Forum if anyone is legitimately interested.

Really weird morning. My wife tapped me around 7:45 and asked if I would take the dogs out. Got out of bed, walked into the bathroom and peed. Turned around to walk back into the bedroom and felt very unsteady so I put a hand on the counter to stabilize myself. Then just straight blacked out. Woke up to my wife panicked screaming “you’re having a seizure!” which I wasn’t but obviously that was quite panic inducing. She said she was shaking me for about 10 seconds and my eyes were rolled back into my head. She grabbed her water off the nightstand and threw it in my face which brought me back. Knocked my head pretty good against the glass shower but otherwise fine. Obviously a visit to the doctor is in my near future just to make sure.

Really weird morning. My wife tapped me around 7:45 and asked if I would take the dogs out. Got out of bed, walked into the bathroom and peed. Turned around to walk back into the bedroom and felt very unsteady so I put a hand on the counter to stabilize myself. Then just straight blacked out. Woke up to my wife panicked screaming “you’re having a seizure!” which I wasn’t but obviously that was quite panic inducing. She said she was shaking me for about 10 seconds and my eyes were rolled back into my head. She grabbed her water off the nightstand and threw it in my face which brought me back. Knocked my head pretty good against the glass shower but otherwise fine. Obviously a visit to the doctor is in my near future just to make sure.
History of arrhythmia by chance? Definitely grt that checked out. Scary shit.

Good God, dude... Please let us know what the Doc says.

Have you had history of ever blacking out or epilepsy or anything?

Could also be meds and blood pressure stuff.

#not a doctor

Chat thread 95: the champ is here

Ever have any issues with getting dizzy/lightheaded if you get up quickly from laying down or standing up quickly? Any new medications? Sounds more like a blood pressure drop than a seizure.

Sounds like you were poisoned by Putin.

Also RJ may have become a ninja and attacked you and you didn’t even know it.

Seems like a lot of people are reading their personal concerns through RJ (cancel culture, fear of misuse of power, end of the boards) and not really concerned with RJ as much

Yep. It’s not really fear of “misuse of power” as much as fear of accountability and consequences.

Btw, cookout the power hungry fascist board moderator is pretty sexy compared to cookout the beta happy board moderator with a lame arm.

Appreciate the concern everyone. I don’t take any medications and have no history of dizziness/fainting/etc so it definitely caught me by surprise.

Appreciate the concern everyone. I don’t take any medications and have no history of dizziness/fainting/etc so it definitely caught me by surprise.

Hope everything checks out and it's something innocuous like "got up too quickly", feel better man

Getting up too quickly and passing out is a good Coach K imitation/party trick.

Getting up too quickly and passing out is a good Coach K imitation/party trick.

I have done this exactly 4 times in my coaching career. And it’s time it’s the most embarrassing moment of my life, and I once shit myself while on stage during an Acteens performance in front of the congregation of the Southern Baptist Church I grew up in.

Mako, stop making every thread about yourself or cookout will ban you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back